Quantcast

Faucets turning on by themselves...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Okay, so the other night, the 4 faucets in our apartment started turning on hot by themselves (think 3 AM, somewhat creepy). I'd get up, shut them off, and 10 minutes later, they'd come back on again... drip..drip..drip.drip.drip.dripflloooooowRAGINGTORRENT...Anyway, I taped down the hot water knobs, but it didn't seem to help. So, I shut off my water heater, and the problem stopped.

Our gas bills have been $30 a month in the summer, and our apartment will never drop below about 73 degrees F with the central air blasting. Can all of these be related? Is my water heater a gigantic bitch? How do I fix this issue?

Plumber monkeys, help? :nopity:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I've had a hot water tub faucet get hotter by itself...(you could see it spinning) but only after you turned it on a bit already. We had crazy water pressure at that house but I'm guessing a better quality faucet may have solved the problem.
That sounds odd but you might check to see that your hot water heater has the proper pressure relief valve that you should check to make sure is working. Also check and see that the temp isn't set any hotter than 120 F.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
kidwoo said:
Considering this may be the last night that you or your family are seen alive, I'd just say do whatever makes you comfortable.
Caitlin is not "in the mood". Bitch. I tried advising her, but I think she's on the water heaters side. :dead: