Quantcast

Favorite BBQ Recipes....

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I just picked this up yesterday...

Now I need your favorite BBQ recipes! Chicken? Steak? Fish? Veggies? Favorite marinades? It's all good.....so post up your fav's!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have the best burger

take a pound of lean ground (makes 4-5 burgers)

throw it in a bowl,

mix in a few pinches of

garlic pepper

season salt

1 raw egg

@ cup of terriyaki sauce (enough to make the meat brown)

and a cup of some shreeded cheese if your not making cheeseburgers. otherwise add a slice of cheese on the grill.

you will never have regular burgers again

if you like fillet mignon, then you should soak them in a worstishire, terriyaki, brown suger brine over night and wrap the sides with bacon and secure with toothpicks.

most tender tasty goodnes you will ever have.

not sure with gas though, I am a charcoal and woodchips cooker

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I have the best burger

take a pound of lean ground (makes 4-5 burgers)

throw it in a bowl,

mix in a few pinches of

garlic pepper

season salt

1 raw egg

@ cup of terriyaki sauce (enough to make the meat brown)

and a cup of some shreeded cheese if your not making cheeseburgers. otherwise add a slice of cheese on the grill.

you will never have regular burgers again

if you like fillet mignon, then you should soak them in a worstishire, terriyaki, brown suger brine over night and wrap the sides with bacon and secure with toothpicks.

most tender tasty goodnes you will ever have.

not sure with gas though, I am a charcoal and woodchips cooker

Buying the ingredients for this tonight - taste testing tomorrow night. I'll post a critique of it :biggrin: Sounds good though!!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
There are so many, but here are a few:

Marinate shrimp in a mix of decent dark rum, pineapple juice, a little sugar, salt and pepper, along with a little garlic and some hot chili paste or hot sauce of some kind (chipotle is good but anything to give a little heat). Let 'em marinate for at least an hour, then skewer and grill, basting with a little of the marinade as you go.

Marinate cleaned lamb rib chops in a mix of honey, mustard, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, mint, salt and pepper for at least an hour or more, then hit 'em quickly on the grill.

Tandoori style for chicken (or other meat): In a clean dry pan toast a mixture of coriander, cumin, ground ginger, turmeric, chile, and lots of paprika. In a large bowl add the spice mixture to plain yogurt along with some garlic, chopped fresh ginger, and some parsley or cilantro. Marinate chicken pieces in this mixture for a few hours, then grill as usual.

Sorry to not give precise amounts, I don't really measure this kind of stuff.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Cut a london broil into 1" cubes.

Marinate for one day in:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup whore sauce
2 crushed garlic cloves

Stick em on wooden skewers and grill to your liking.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
FYI - That's grilling, not BBQ.

Burgers - Ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, S&P, shredded pepper jack or habenero cheddar - mix well, form into patties and grill.

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
My burgers,

1. get as much ground beef as usual ( dont know how much you use)
2. make into little round balls, then poke your thumb into the center so it looks like a pinch pot from forst grade art class.
3. pour worstishire sauce ( about 1 tsp.) into the little hole
OR
3. pour the same amount of A1 sauce in the center. some people think it ruins a good burger but it tastes good every once and a while.
4. form into patties, it does not matter if the worstishire come out of its little bowl.
5. grill to your liking, for me, about medium rare
6. put cheese on if you want to

Let me know if any body uses this, and tell me how it tastes.
-drumbum540

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
flank steak--
pick up a bottle or so of pineapple teriyaki marinade from the store or make it yourself
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 ozs soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup pineapple juice
and let the flank steak marinate overnight in a bag. Grill to desired doneness. As the steak is resting, throw a few pineapple slices onto the grill. Slice the steak against the grain and not too thick.