Quantcast

favorite dh trail

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
This place in Wooster, Ohio. They hold xc 12 hour races there, but it's much more oriented towards the long travel crowd, many jumps, bridges, and fast trail. I'm waiting for the Snowshoe slope park to open, too. I'll be up for norba, hoping for no rain.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
* About 10 descents in Seoul, Korea
* Whistler: upper and lower Joyride, and Schleyer
* Santiago, Chile: La Parva (3300-3600m vert, 1 hr DH)
* Various N Van stuff depending on mood

Lots of other great trails that aren't really only DH like those above.

mikedee69

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Van City
Whislter
-A line
-Dirt Merchant
-Hornet
-World Cup course

Seymour
-CBC
-corkscrew
-Ned's
-Pingu
-Pangor
-Boogieman

Bear mountian DH Course

I can't decide??:confused:

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by kidwoo
You gotta pedal for a few miles at 1300 feet above sea level to get to them though.:D
You sure it's only 1300? My house is around 8300-8400 and I don't think I'm TOO far from there. I'll have to go down and check it out this summer.

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
The tennis court run in Les Gets is one of my favorites, as is the walking track running along the ridge at the top of mont Cherry (above the les-gets WC course)

Nearer to home, my favorite tracks are at Wharncliffe woods, I think there are some photos on southerndownhill.com , but I can't find them at the moment!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Originally posted by T0mo
You sure it's only 1300? My house is around 8300-8400 and I don't think I'm TOO far from there. I'll have to go down and check it out this summer.
maybe 13,000 that would be brutal, I can't stand hiking at that altitude let alone pedaling.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by T0mo

Yeah I forgot a zero. 13000. Check it out though. There's a gas station in Poncha Springs that runs a shuttle up to monarch pass. You pedal south along the continental divide to one of 3 or 4 descents. Those are the only descents that I've ever ridden that are so long my feet got numb from standing on my pedals. That is by far my favorite riding area. Bring a bike you can climb a little with though. I've done it on an xc bike twice and a freeride bike (7" travel triple chainring).

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
I'd have to second Brian Head, especially since I'm sitting 15 minutes from it right now. Melt snow, melt dam YOU!

If I can ever ride Flying Monkey with any flow and not feel like I'm gonna die, it'll probably take over. Sanjay made it look SO easy. pfft.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
I really like our trails on drummer...the jump trail, your mother, chris's new trail hmmmmmm drummer

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by kidwoo
Those are the only descents that I've ever ridden that are so long my feet got numb from standing on my pedals. That is by far my favorite riding area. Bring a bike you can climb a little with though. I've done it on an xc bike twice and a freeride bike (7" travel triple chainring).
:D :D
summer summer summer summer summer summer.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Pinal Peak in Airzona. South Mountain is usually a blast. Northstar is a blast. Moab

There's a lot of good shuttle-run areas in california, some I've ridden, some I haven't. Can't really talk about the ones I haven't been too, but the ones above are sure fun, I'd do any of those on any given day.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Originally posted by 1000-Oaks
Huh, never tried that one...I see it on the topo, where do you come out on Foothill Road? How hard is it compared to Cold Springs or San Ysidro?
When I road it we hooked up to Jesusita, the lower part after the short road section.

I would say it is more like San Ysidro the CS, fast singletrack and a few small rock gardens. A short section of slick rock type stuff as well. It is a fairly long ride, but so worth it, even with the hike a bike in the middle of it. I rode it on my hardtail....like I ride everything else....but a bike with 4-6 inches would be ideal.

The Ito

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Whistler!

So many choices, in the wet I love to hit schleyer to whistler downhill to crack addick to boneyard. In the dry I love Joyride, National Dowhnill, Clownshoes, Schleyer, and Dirt Merchant.