Quantcast

favorite fast food joint

elRey

Turbo Monkey
what is your favorite fast food restaurant?? me and my friends were dicussing this topic today so i decided to see what monkeys like. a favorite between my friends has been carls jr and taco bell.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
All Time - Wendy's - its hard to beat a $0.99 Frosty, and if you are TRYING to be good you can be ok there with a chicken sandwich with a baked potatoe or salad instead of fries

Recently - Pollo Tropical - (it is probably regional) but its a Latin themed drive through that has "Chicken on the Grill" and ribs, with sides like corn, yuca, rice etc... Dinner will cost you ~ $7

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Kwik Check #7.
Best damn gyros & falafel in town.
Topps BBQ comes in close 2nd.
Blue Coast Burritos is 3rd. The Fish Tacos rock the party that rocks the party. :drool:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If I just want fries, McDonald's can't be beat.

For any kind of meal, I go to Wendy's.

Spicy chicken sandwich :drool:
Jr. bacon cheeseburger :drool:
Frosty :drool:

...and their fries are second only to McDonald's.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
But a distant, distant second........
Undoubtedly. However, I'm not so dedicated to McD's fries that I'm willing to drive to two fast food places just to complete a meal, and McD's burgers/sandwiches are far behind Wendy's.

Hey, does anyone remember that "hickory smoked" bacon burger that Burger King offered for a while? That was probably the most delicious burger in the history of fast food, I was practically homicidal when they discontinued it.

Did anyone see the Simpsons where the Ribwich is introduced, then discontinued, and Homer proceeds to follow the Ribwich around the country as it is tested in different markets?

That was me with that hickory smoked bacon burger.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Undoubtedly. However, I'm not so dedicated to McD's fries that I'm willing to drive to two fast food places just to complete a meal, <snip>.
I suppose. Then again, I don't eat at those fast food chains unless I'm driving. Then I don't really care what it is, as long as it gets me on the road quickly. :p

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
We got a bunch of places.........if it's a burger it's the Hamburger Habbit OR In and Out. Fries go to Mcdonalds. They've really got a hold on the "fry" world. Wendy's aint too shabby either, their burgers and chicken sandwhiches are always good. Carl's Jr. every now and then. Their burgers aren't bad quality. Same goes for Burger King's. All in all most of the fast food places, if you get a real burger isn't too bad, especially if it's late and you're hungry :) I'd stick with the Habbit or In and Out if I had a choice though...

I'd have to vote Jack in the box for the worst burger. Even their morning food sucks. Who puts mayo on a sausage/egg/cheese sandwhich? It might be a east coast thing or something but on the west I've never seen it. The only really good thing about them is their seasoned curley fries and their Monster Tacos (or regular ones). 2 for $.99 can't be touched in terms of price.

Sandwhiches I'd go Quizno's over Subway anyday. Subway sandwhiches are so mis-made it isn't funny. At one point I use to eat there alot and knew that my sandwhich had 4 pieces of one meat, 4 of the other, and 2 of the other (aka. subway club) and the stupid workers would always mess it up and gypt me of meat. I had to stop going, too many idiots working there. Quizno's on the other hand makes good salads and their subs I love. The dressing idea works well for them.

We only have 1 fried chicken place, KFC :) I love their chicken strips and cole slaw. It'll clog an artery but hey I'm young right?

Mexican I live across the street from Taco Bell. At one point it was a 3-4 night a week meal for dinner. That's cut down as I realize how their menu doesn't really change, just the items name change. Everything on their menu in one way or another is the same thing (same insides). Plus I don't like my guac and sour cream comming out of a caulking gun. Makes you sorta wonder....plus the stuff has no real taste (probably why they offer 3 different hot sauces for your food). Funny stuff.

Ice cream...........hmmm.....foster freeze is good for twisters (like mcflurry's). Baskin Robbin's ain't too bad either (2 quarts for $7). There's a few local places that make whatever you want into your ice cream as well........Coldstones is good, but sorta expensive for what you get.

Pizza........I try to stay away from the Domino's/pizza hut type chains. Deno's/Giovanni's/Taffy's (all local sorry guys :() are the best. Deno's is the only place in town you can get Linguesa? Good stuff on a pizza. If I had to pick a fast food pizza place it'd be Rusty's (again I think local, but spread out south to north a little ways) or Pizza hut. Ehhh.......pizza is really a subjective thing. I liked Round Table when we had it up north near Santa Cruz. That was pretty good stuff.

I can't think of any other fast food places. Juice drinks we have Blenders (which is semi-local) and Jamba Juice. I'd take Jamba Juice anyday as their drinks taste like they have fruit in them instead of so much milk and such like Blenders. Plus their Lemonade is good stuff!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
berkshire_rider said:
Damn grammar police. :mumble: All I know is they make a decent chicken sandwich. :oink:
Nope, no grammar police. I just wanted to emphasize the fact that CHIK-FIL-A rules all other fast food joints.