Quantcast

Favorite full finger glove?

sonic rbz

Chimp
Aug 24, 2004
FL
Anyone care to express what there favorite full-finger glove is? With comfort and durability in mind.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Haven't had a lot of saddle time with them, but I'm really diggin' my Rockgardn Fate gloves. Carbon knuckles look tight....

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
THRILLSEEKA said:
Those are all garden gloves compared to these! Can't find anything wrong with them yet...except the price. About 83 junior cheeseburgers.

are those for street bikes?, can you move your fingers:p

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I'll admit those are pretty tight, where the heck can you get them? I looked at the TLD sight and a few vendors and couldn't find it?!?!?!

THRILLSEEKA said:
Those are all garden gloves compared to these! Can't find anything wrong with them yet...except the price. About 83 junior cheeseburgers.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
More than you can even imagine. Put it this way, I even XC in them. Didn't plan to, but didn't have my regular gloves. I liked these better.
And it is a MX glove. Remember, it's Troy Lee, not some Kmart crap. They use a VERY fine, soft leather. None of my other gloves have the finger tip sensitivity that these do. I might check into their other gloves now after wearing these. I can even adjust my rebound knob on an AS-X with these on...can't do that with a terry glove.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Any moto shop or anyone that carry's TLD should be able to get them. Their black ones are pretty sick, too. They have red stiching.
I LOVE these things, they have leather wear pads instead of some little pockets on every bump on your palm stuffed with fluff to make your grip feel bigger.
I trail rode with them on for about 4 hrs and took them off only once. I can do/undo my helmet straps, adjust suspension, zippers, camera, hell, 8000 other things I can't usually do comfortably with gloves.
All the CF pads are in BETWEEN the knuckles, so nothing rubs and nothing slides around to cause chafing. The big knuckle guards are split and you can tell it works because you can watch them move around separately. There's even a small CF pad(dot) on your palm where you would slide during a washout, and the wrist has dual velcro closeures with big wrist bone pads.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I've ridden fox sidewinders for quite a few years, and just kept on buying them I have about 5 pair now from different years, the older ones are starting to wear badly..... but are on there 3rd or 4th season, so that's pretty good, but I alternate them, so that helps them last longer. They were for a long time the only gloves that fit my hands real well, I just tried on a Dakine Cross X glove today and was really impressed with the fit and finish, really quality product.. I'll know more in about 6 months on there durability but they were comfortable and fit well....

I recommend staying away from 661, the palms are weak in my opinion

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Yeah, finally found it on the TLD site...man the black ones are bad azz...look like they would be worn by the ring wraiths in LOR...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah, I was stuck between them and these white ones...but the white ones matched my bike to a "T", so...you know....

And they're NOT what you think! They LOOK big, thick and burly. They are not. I bet they weigh less than a Fox Digit glove or something else with a lot of soft padding. The leather is so thin and soft that you can fold it over on itself and not feel it with your hand. And the fingers are box cut for plenty of room.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
there are oakley kevlar gloves that just came out, also specialized, however i recomend checking the rockgardn out they are awsome

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
zmtber said:
there are oakley kevlar gloves that just came out, also specialized, however i recomend checking the rockgardn out they are awsome
got any pictures of the oakley gloves?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Whatever I find at the moto shop for ~$20.

Same or better than any "mtb" glove.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
can any one help me find pictures of the kevlar Oakley full finger glove, (the one without the carbon fiber knuckles).

I thought I'd try these this time around. Got 'em on sale for 1/2 the cost of the Rockgardn's. So far so good, but I think the RG's were more comfortable. I think these will stay together a little better due the materials being more or less the same on the fingers. With the RG's, the mesh part ripped apart which doesn't leave much to work on repair wise.

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So Cal
Rock gardns are the best. I personally dont like the carbon stuff on my hands, i like gloves with no protection, cuz i just feel restricted.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
degoose said:
Rock gardns are the best. I personally dont like the carbon stuff on my hands, i like gloves with no protection, cuz i just feel restricted.

That's exactly how I am about my gloves. If you ever decide you DO want some coverage, try to find a shop with those Troy Lees. I swear they're phenomenal...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Specialized Fortress is my favorite. Thin on the inner hand and thick with carbon on the outside.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Jm_ said:
Whatever I find at the moto shop for ~$20.

Same or better than any "mtb" glove.
Exactly. I have a pair of Fox Digits that I use sometimes but I also own a pair of Answer Synchrons. Cost me $15 and are better than most gloves I've used.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
THRILLSEEKA said:
Any moto shop or anyone that carry's TLD should be able to get them. Their black ones are pretty sick, too. They have red stiching.
I LOVE these things, they have leather wear pads instead of some little pockets on every bump on your palm stuffed with fluff to make your grip feel bigger.
I trail rode with them on for about 4 hrs and took them off only once. I can do/undo my helmet straps, adjust suspension, zippers, camera, hell, 8000 other things I can't usually do comfortably with gloves.
All the CF pads are in BETWEEN the knuckles, so nothing rubs and nothing slides around to cause chafing. The big knuckle guards are split and you can tell it works because you can watch them move around separately. There's even a small CF pad(dot) on your palm where you would slide during a washout, and the wrist has dual velcro closeures with big wrist bone pads.

Very cool, looks are decieving, TLD makes good stuff

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
THRILLSEEKA said:
Man, you have me sold I will have to seriously consider...dang now if they didn't cost sooooo many jr bacon cheese burgers lol....:blah:

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i had a el-cheepo pair of mx gloves. lasted well for how much i fell that season. good for almost cold weather.
661's don't last me 1/2 a season.
just got a new pair of fox hesh gloves, and love em so far, but that's only 5 rides.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
^Those blue TLD gloves look lame. I wouldn't ride anything without CF protection and leather palms. So far I love my Rockgardns after 2 seasons. They're holding up great and they're comfy too. At first they're stiff but once they break in they work great. The leather palm has saved me many times and the CF protection is awesome. I've hit my pinky knuckle on trees at a decent clip and it doesn't even hurt.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Bicyclist said:
It's all personal preference I guess.
Totally, bro.

Those blue TLD's will do just as much "hitting a tree" as my CF knuckled ones. I know because I've had them. COMFY too, as expected of any TLD glove, actually ANY glove of similar design. FOX has similar designs and my friends love theirs.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
metalMTB said:
Idk if it's just me but I hate bulky gloves. Carbon fiber just gets in the way of your hand movement!
That's ignorance speaking. Sorry dude, that's not meant to be an insult to you, it just means that if you tried several different styles of them, you would quickly see that the well though out, quality versions restrict in no such way.
That being said, Carbon Fiber, or any other type of solid knuckle protection, is overrated. CF plates aren't going to do any more than the rubber strips on other gloves. They are just like body armor, intended to simply spread the load over more area. A big rubber pad will do the same thing, if not better...you won't have the jarring like you would with soft rubber.