Quantcast

Favorite pre-ride tunes

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I just picked up a 2005 release. It's a mix by DJ Spooky, Dave Lombardo(drummer from Slayer) and some remixed lyrics from Chuck D. It's called Drums of Death. It has some pretty good jams on it.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Earlier pre-ride, a little Marley, Tosh, Culture, etc.

Later pre-ride, a little Pantera, Machinehead, Slayer, etc.

First I chill with some fill, then I amp to the ramp...and it's all downhill from there.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Bullitrider said:
I just picked up a 2005 release. It's a mix by DJ Spooky, Dave Lombardo(drummer from Slayer) and some remixed lyrics from Chuck D. It's called Drums of Death. It has some pretty good jams on it.

That sounds killer. On a related note i have a single thats called Evolution Control Party and its Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana brass band with Chuck D lyrics overdubbed. It sounds funny, but is really good.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Fugazi, Dinosaur Jr, or Showbread. None of them really get me pumped up but that's generally what I'm listening to before I ride.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
oly said:
That sounds killer. On a related note i have a single thats called Evolution Control Party and its Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana brass band with Chuck D lyrics overdubbed. It sounds funny, but is really good.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. Chuck D throws down with the best of 'em.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bullitrider said:
DAMN!!!! Ok, I thought it sounded a little crazy, but I own every Slayer AND Public Enemy cd, so maybe not that crazy. I found a few tracks last night and holy hell, man!!! Thanks for the heads up, I am picking this up today.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Depends on the ride. Generally something with a good beat for XC racing (keeps my cadence up), something with a good tune for a relaxed XC ride and something to build my confidence for DHing.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
rock:
Metallicca (the memory remains, king nothing, master of puppets,etc.), Skid Row (physco love, youth gone wild), Rage Against The Machine, Anthrax, Slayer, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Black Babbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Kid Rock, Audioslave, Incubus, Primus, the Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Rancid, AC/DC, Soundgarden (rusty cage is so good), Led Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Fu Manchu, Judas Priest, Testament, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Dio, etc.

hip hop:
Styles of Beyond, Swollen Members, Sweatshop Union, Lexicon, EPMD, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, Run DMC, Geto Boys, Public Enemy, LL Cool J, etc.

This is the stuff I listen to all day, everyday, and I ride most every day...

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
jimmydean said:
DAMN!!!! Ok, I thought it sounded a little crazy, but I own every Slayer AND Public Enemy cd, so maybe not that crazy. I found a few tracks last night and holy hell, man!!! Thanks for the heads up, I am picking this up today.
Glad your're stoked. There's only three songs with Chuck D but the CD is still pretty good. For me the first nine songs are the most listenable. After that it gets a little choppy but there is still some good stuff. Just be ready for a ton of bass.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
mtnbrider said:
rock:
Metallicca (the memory remains, king nothing, master of puppets,etc.), Skid Row (physco love, youth gone wild), Rage Against The Machine, Anthrax, Slayer, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Black Babbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Kid Rock, Audioslave, Incubus, Primus, the Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Rancid, AC/DC, Soundgarden (rusty cage is so good), Led Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Fu Manchu, Judas Priest, Testament, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Dio, etc.

hip hop:
Styles of Beyond, Swollen Members, Sweatshop Union, Lexicon, EPMD, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, Run DMC, Geto Boys, Public Enemy, LL Cool J, etc.

This is the stuff I listen to all day, everyday, and I ride most every day...
dude check out some non mainstream ****. youll find some of it is waay good. and with that variety of music theres tons of bands i can reccomend to you. first up. dragonforce

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
lovebunny said:
dude check out some non mainstream ****. youll find some of it is waay good. and with that variety of music theres tons of bands i can reccomend to you. first up. dragonforce
Cool, I'll check it out.