Quantcast

Favorite Restaurants After Long Ride

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I know over in Leavenworth Gustavs is a good hangout after riding the Gulch, Freund Canyon, Tres, etc. Here in Cle Elum the only places that get passing grades are the Golden Ocean, El Caporal and the Cottage-in that order. Over in Des Moines I thought the McDonalds on 99 was worth mentioning, mostly cause it looks pretty nice inside. In Issaquah I know the paragliders always hung out at Acapulco Fresh. Anybody else got their favorite post ride restaurant. :D

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Tijuannas in Monroe is really good. Usually a post hike restaurant because there isn't much riding off highway 2 over Stevens Pass.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
SuperSlow said:
You cant handle the RANCHO! Abdominal pain or discomfort in association with bowel dysfunction is the main symptom. Symptoms may vary from person to person. Some people have constipation (hard, difficult-to-pass, or infrequent bowel movements); others have diarrhea (frequent loose stools, often with an urgent need to move the bowels, mostly from mexican food and that thai place on the other side of town); and still others experience alternating constipation and diarrhea. Some people experience bloating, which is gas building up in the intestines and causing the feeling of pressure inside the abdomen, resulting in a noisy sphincter.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Little Rock Chevron JoJo's :dancing:
mmmmm jo-jo's............ :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

If ever in Des Moines again stop into town and get some clam chowder at Wally's... yummy. :dancing: There's nothing good to eat on the highway....

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Pioneer in Roslyn after a good ride. Or, after ride through beers at the "ride up" window at the Roslyn Brewery.

Tijuana in Monroe, for rides in that area. Definately.

Fall City Grill for Tokul Rides.
Pete's in Carnation for Tolt/Griffin Rides.

Yup, Gustov's for Leavenworth Rides.

Skagit River Brewing Co. for Galby rides...

Definately '59er Diner for Mad Lake/Chikamin Rides

Maltby Pizza for Paradise Valley rides.

Redhook Brewery for Willows Fjords rides.

Bend Brewery for all the Bend rides.
Pioneer Saloon for the Sun Valley Rides.

Miguel's Baja Mexico or Pasta Jay's for the Moab rides...

What's a good ride without good post ride grub and something sudsy to wash it down?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Anything decent with a drive-thru. I'm not draggin' my smelly, unshowered self inside anywhere public after a ride...and no- just changing into street clothes after the ride does not count. Why would I want to leave my magical, musical, rolling dutch oven to eat in a restaurant before getting a shower? That's so kiddie-league soccer or redneck to show up at a restaurant after getting all sweaty w/o showering first. Be sure to wear dried muddy shoes at the table after tracking up the floor, too! :blah:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
llkoolkeg said:
Anything decent with a drive-thru. I'm not draggin' my smelly, unshowered self inside anywhere public after a ride...and no- just changing into street clothes after the ride does not count. Why would I want to leave my magical, musical, rolling dutch oven to eat in a restaurant before getting a shower? That's so kiddie-league soccer or redneck to show up at a restaurant after getting all sweaty w/o showering first. Be sure to wear dried muddy shoes at the table after tracking up the floor, too! :blah:
Bah, I love eating out after getting all messy on the trails.

Did a 5 day backpacking trip down in North Carolina once. First thing we did after leaving the trail was hit a local yocal restaraunt. Despite spending 5 days in the woods we were probably the cleanest guests in the place. :blah:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
llkoolkeg said:
Dude, you are way too high maintenance for the PNW :p

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Snacks said:
Dude, you are way too high maintenance for the PNW :p
I know. Even when I camp, I bring a 5-gal container of spring water w/spigot so that I can shower every time I need to. When it comes to personal hygiene, I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe. I guess I'm kinda like the Howard Hughes of RM. :)

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
The Bear pub at the base of Fromme is pretty good for brews and burgers after a day at the Shore.

They even have outdoor seating for the smelly folks who need to get their grub on.