Quantcast

Favorite "speaker killer" album

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Many years ago, after being kept late up by the downstairs hippies with hippie music, my friends hooked up their stereo to a PA system, and at 8am played with the speaker pointed to floor, this brand new record of music type never heard before.

Imagine being a hungover hippie hearing for the first time ever (through ceiling no less):

Straight Outta Compton by NWA.

At least they can say they heard it first.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, we can go the old school with Maiden or Priest....

or new school!!!

Lets see:

Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Soilwork, Shadows Fall

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Tons of stuff that gets played loud here. But no need to rattle of this band that band whatever.. it's Motorhead that compels me to put the hurt on the speakers.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
Dead kennedys : Halloween
Ramones : I Wanna Be Sedated
Butthole surfers : Who the hell was in my room last night

Aphex Twin : come to daddy
Square pusher : come on my selector

Frank Zappa : Dancing Fool
Jane's Addiction : Stop

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Slayer - Ghosts of War
"I deal in pain
All life I drain
I dominate
I seal your fate!"

-listen to this before a race some time. It works better than lots of coffee.

RATM, Primus, Metallica (Justice and older) -pretty much all of it
For some reason Soundgarden's Superunknown really gets the volume treatment, too.

In terms of literal speaker killers, the remix of Bjork's "Headphones" off Telegram has a low bass tone that loosened the screws holding the driver in on my speakers.

90% of the stuff my wife listens to counts too - but then that would be me wrecking the speaker, not the song.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well if you got crappy speakers then they blow.........I got pass that phase, you just replace them all and add some, give them some juice, add multiple subs (I have a single cab full size pickup BTW) and there ya go, no more being able to listen to it too loud as you can't stand it at full volume :)

I'm gonna concure and say Metallica. I've played the song "one" and when the drum beat starts hitting like a machine gun it use to make my speakers bottom out and suck, so I did the good thing, re-did everything and now it just hits you in the chest as fast as the bass drum goes. I'm use to the stereo though but others aren't. They tell me it's "hard to breathe in".

The only time too I got a sound ticket was boosting rap music because it can get to some people. Any punk/metal/older stuff never one look from a cop or anything. They'd probably wonder why ACDC was so loud or something.

And yes, a stock stereo sucks in any car. I never knew how good something could sound and feel after a entire system was done. It makes you wish everyone had one. You give up alot though (space mainly) but it's worth it. You feel like you're in the song, not listening to it.