Quantcast

FBI Raid (next to where I use to work)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Up to 2 months ago I worked next to these guys......well more like surronded becuase they had 4 or more places right near me

One thing I always thought was weird is they would have a tractor trailer's worth of soda delivered, sometimes twice a week but the store they owned maybe sold 6 sodas a day (the store pretty much never had any customers)

FBI arrests two in alleged missile scheme
By CURT ANDERSON, Associated Press
Last updated: 8:52 a.m., Thursday, August 5, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Two leaders of a mosque in Albany, N.Y., were arrested on charges stemming from an alleged plot to help a man they thought was a terrorist purchase a shoulder-fired missile, federal authorities said Thursday.

The men have ties to a group called Ansar al-Islam, which has been linked to the al-Qaida terror network, according to two federal law enforcement authorities speaking on condition of anonymity.

The two arrests came as FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and other agents executed search warrants at the Masjid As-Salam mosque and two Albany-area residences, officials said. The men were identified as Yassin Aref, 34, the imam of the mosque, and 49-year-old Mohammed Hoosain, one of the mosque's founders.

According to law enforcement officials, the two are being charged with providing material support to terrorism by participating in a conspiracy to help an individual they believed was a terrorist purchase a shoulder-fired missile.

The individual was in fact working undercover for the government and no missile ever changed hands. Aref and Hoosain were allegedly involved in money-laundering aspects of the plot, the officials said.

The investigation has been going on for a year and is not related to the Bush administration's decision earlier this week to raise the terror alert level for certain financial sector buildings in New York and Washington, the officials said.

In Albany, some mosque members gathered early Thursday outside the institution for morning prayers.

More details about the case were expected to be released later Thursday by the Justice Department in Washington.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
you want to hear something even worse. when I lived in Malden (5 miles north of Boston), I was in one of those big ass, 300 room apartment buildings. Right after 9/11, we get this small blurb in the paper saying how the FBI raided one of the apartments in the complex; apparently one of the hijackers was living there. when they got there, there was nothing in the room but a mattress on the floor and some ramen noodles in the kitchen. I should dig up the article and post it when i get home.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
thats cool, the basement where I worked was raided by cops a few months back. It was in the basement of my shop. My boss had rented out the space down there to some guy, and he started using this space to cook meth.

Curiouscaptian01 said:
thats cool, the basement where I worked was raided by cops a few months back. It was in the basement of my shop. My boss had rented out the space down there to some guy, and he started using this space to cook meth.

Thats nothing. If you monkeys in the Tacoma area ever make it on to Fort Lewis to ride, I'm sure you've seen all the Meth labs that people have used and discarded in the back wooded area. When I was there 4 years ago, I STOPPED counting at 15 labs in the space of 2 miles that we found walking in the woods.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
luken8r said:
you want to hear something even worse. when I lived in Malden (5 miles north of Boston), I was in one of those big ass, 300 room apartment buildings. Right after 9/11, we get this small blurb in the paper saying how the FBI raided one of the apartments in the complex; apparently one of the hijackers was living there. when they got there, there was nothing in the room but a mattress on the floor and some ramen noodles in the kitchen. I should dig up the article and post it when i get home.
My sister lives in Malden