Quantcast

FCKR and SLX M665 compatibility

Jun 22, 2010
I grinded away the granny ring tabs, I also had to grind the e*13 chainring nuts :think: because they were 1mm too long for the e*13 G-Ring/crank spider/Turbocharger combo and I used 1.25mm washers to get the correct chainline (Evil Sovereign 2009, 73mm bb) with minimal chain rubing on the taco when the chain is on the largest cog on 11-34 cassette.

In the Installation Instructions picture, the upper slider reaches 3/4 over the bashguard. I have only 3mm overlap between the upper slider and the Turbocharger, so technically, the chain should stay put. I just wanted to check with you guys is the setup allright.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
It should be fine. You simply want to avoid having any sort of excessive gap that the chain can pop out of. 3mm should be enough overlap. The SLX's have a similar chainring tab thickness to the new Saints...this typically pushes the bashguard out more than designed for. For most normal riding, this should be fine, but there is a slim chance of the chain jamming in this excess gap between the ring and Turbocharger.
Read about it here:
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226060

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/the Hive

Last edited: