Quantcast

Fear and loathing in las vegas

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
go rent it asap... supplies needed: Acid, weed, shrooms, and any other assorted drugs. If you dont do drugs beer can work

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
We can't stop here.... This is bat country.

Its good to see someone else appreciates this movie. Don't start quoting it all the time like do, people will give you strange looks and think you're nuts. There aren't alot of people out there familiar with the works of Hunter S. Thompson. I can't say I have any one particular favorite part, its just a great movie overall.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
<------

check my avatar. big fan of HST. best part of the movie was seeing how well Depp nailed the part of Hunter.

that and the lounge scene.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
dirtjumpP.1 said:
go rent it asap... supplies needed: Acid, weed, shrooms, and any other assorted drugs. If you dont do drugs beer can work
Not that you need all that, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Discostu said:
We can't stop here.... This is bat country.

Don't start quoting it all the time like do, people will give you strange looks and think you're nuts. There aren't alot of people out there familiar with the works of Hunter S. Thompson. .
i am... i expecialy love the work he did with python. Thats probably why people also look at my stangly when i quote python.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
You all need to see the movie "Where buffalo Roam"

It's a prequel (I guess you could call it that) to fear and loathing, and just as funny

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
The lizzard lounge was the funniest part for me. The first time I saw the movie I was stone sober and I had no interest. The second time my mind was slightly altered and it all made perfect sense.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
<------

check my avatar. big fan of HST. best part of the movie was seeing how well Depp nailed the part of Hunter.

that and the lounge scene.
Did they do the scene with the bathtub? The one where HST's friend is begging him to throw in the toaster to put him out of his misery, or some such?

That book had alot of funny $hit in it. :thumb:

-S.S.-

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
I forgot what the actual line was, but when he goes off about huffing ether I almost died laughing. Hunter's books are great reading. Gun nut.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i like the movie but i think the book is better. its hard to visually reproduce the book because there is only so much technology can do. I also think that depp is a good actor. Whats eating gilbert grape, Pirates of the Carribean, once upon a time in mexico, all those and many more are good depp flicks.

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
Depp walking up to the angry rotarians kills me everytime. Hunters books are all really good. The man is an icon in my mind.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
SkaredShtles said:
Did they do the scene with the bathtub? The one where HST's friend is begging him to throw in the toaster to put him out of his misery, or some such?

That book had alot of funny $hit in it. :thumb:

-S.S.-
yeah it was in the movie... then he throws the grapefruit at him... my personal favorite part by far.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I like it when they're sitting out on the patio, and he says something to the effect of "we were drinking singapore slings with a side shrooms" ...don't know why it just cracks me up.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
my favorite quote: "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -raoul duke

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
mrbigisbudgood said:
I don't think I've ever seen a movie, that captures the book as well as F&L.
I agree. I didn't expect much but it was really good.

When I saw Pirates I thought Depp was getting confused and playing HST as a pirate. All the head bobbing and movements were very much like F&S.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
DRB said:
I agree. I didn't expect much but it was really good.

When I saw Pirates I thought Depp was getting confused and playing HST as a pirate. All the head bobbing and movements were very much like F&S.
i never thought of that... but when i think about it... its so true.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
DRB said:
Depp based his pirate character on Keith Richards.