Quantcast

Fear not SoCal monkies!(#U@

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
amateur said:
After seeing Fontucky's "First Aid" tent, I decided to make an investment for the god of those that I care about.

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=TK021&cat=2792

^ I'll be at almost all Fontana races with that and my skeelz. If you don't already know me, find someone who does.
i love you man! im lucky enough not to remember most of the first aid tent. all i remember is some chick yelling at me to sit up strait when im like"well if i sit up straight im gonna pass out."

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
lovebunny said:
also i think im gonna invest in a decent kit aswell and keep it in my truck.
I have probably stolen enough crap from work to outfit a basic first aid kid. Get a bag and we'll talk.

As for Fontana's "first aid", it's great for minor injuries, but for more serious (head) injuries, it's a joke. As a person higher on the medical food chain, I'm disappointed they didn't take c-spine precautions after seeing where the impact on his helmet was. After seeing them try to remove him from a position of comfort (Even a basic BLS or first responder should know the importance of this) I decided it was probably best to carry more than what I had; enough to hand off a base line set of vitals to medics after they arrived.

TJ, I'm sorry for not checking you out more thoroughly, but I was too busy laughing. I'm sure you understand, but I felt like balls after I saw what they were putting you through.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I keep a first aid kit in my car most times. I also stocked it from work. (Kaiser hospital) It's amazing what you can find in the surgery department after hours!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
amateur said:
I have probably stolen enough crap from work to outfit a basic first aid kid. Get a bag and we'll talk.

As for Fontana's "first aid", it's great for minor injuries, but for more serious (head) injuries, it's a joke. As a person higher on the medical food chain, I'm disappointed they didn't take c-spine precautions after seeing where the impact on his helmet was. After seeing them try to remove him from a position of comfort (Even a basic BLS or first responder should know the importance of this) I decided it was probably best to carry more than what I had; enough to hand off a base line set of vitals to medics after they arrived.

TJ, I'm sorry for not checking you out more thoroughly, but I was too busy laughing. I'm sure you understand, but I felt like balls after I saw what they were putting you through.

I'm not suprised, i've seen some of the worst medical given to down riders at races, even by people who should know better. I've got a small kit in the car, but not as much as I'd like, since i don't have any place to "borrow" supplies from anymore. I'll probably just plow down the 100 bones and get a stocked first in bag.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah I got lucky I crashed in front of the EMT's...they were pretty good taking care of me. First thing they asked me was all the head and spine related stuff....D