Quantcast

Fear the Brown Man!!!!!!!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Antigovernment "Patriot" groups - militias and other extremist organizations that see the federal government as their enemy - came roaring back to life over the past year after more than a decade out of the limelight.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/splc-report-number-of-patriot-groups-militias-surges-by-244-in-past-year

Heard this guy today on NPR. Scary stuff. Not that any of this is news to anyone here, but its scary to see it put down in actual researched print. :twitch: The report pretty much confirms every theory floating around here in PAWN about the mind set of the right.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Another board I cruise from time to time is really starting to scare the **** out of me.

And yes, Silver, partly because of what I see as only semi-cloaked, possibly partially unconscious, racism. Racism mixed with politics and guns. It's kinda frightening.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Another board I cruise from time to time is really starting to scare the **** out of me.

And yes, Silver, partly because of what I see as only semi-cloaked, possibly partially unconscious, racism. Racism mixed with politics and guns. It's kinda frightening.
I know you've been gone for a while but you should really visit america sometime. That would probably lessen the shock when you see these things in print.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

What are you talking about? There are no racists in America, with the exception of Barry Soetero and his affirmative action SEIU and ACORN thugs.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

Burundi is just Eutopia, eh? I thought so. Got any openings for a 6'7" white guy that likes exotic lands and has a penchant for Land Rovers??? Oh...and personal cooks? (Yes...I read that post...long ago...)....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so i guess i shouldn't mention that i just joined "oath keepers"? :D
No offense dude, but I thought you'd be able to see through that level of silliness. Based on your history, I do know your intentions are in the right place, but its just a bunch of fear mongering they're spreading.

That being said, I hope you at least get to drive their war wagon with the 50 cal.

Also, this may be of interest to you:

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/tea-party-leader-arrested-rape

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good thinkin

Now you'll have support when it comes time to shoot your coworkers for obeying the law.
sarcasm meters are broken today.....i joined their FB page to try and fully grasp their mission. (hence the "newsletter" comment).

and so you know..if it ever did come down to actually going full crazy and joining them in a time of martial law (highly unlikely); i would hardly be alone, in regards to my coworkers. :tinfoil:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sarcasm meters are broken today.....i joined their FB page to try and fully grasp their mission. (hence the "newsletter" comment).
I'll give you a summary of their mission: Kill stuff we're convinced is a threat because we're a bunch of mush brained, rhetoric followers with a bunch of artillery. Add an eagle or two for dramatic effect.

and so you know..if it ever did come down to actually going full crazy and joining them in a time of martial law (highly unlikely); i would hardly be alone, in regards to my coworkers. :tinfoil:
Oh I don't doubt it. I'm sure all your coworkers miss the irony as well.

Not to mention what actually constitutes 'full crazy' and the liklihood of it ever happening outside of a hollywood movie or glen beck's little fantasy world. And it it were to happen it would be these douchebags who instigate it.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Oh I don't doubt it. I'm sure all your coworkers miss the irony as well.
Dude no sh*t. I have a friend back in Cali whose a member of teh Fresno P.D. Always ranting about government intrusion, taxes, health care take over, restriction of his civil liberties, gun control etc..

My reply to him is always "so says the unionized, government paycheck collecting, tool of the oppressor." :facepalm:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I really do have to question what the numbers behind this actually are. I actually do think we're hearing quite a lot from a few.

But you never know. I'm just surprised that the general "anti-government" stance of the other site I visit--full of military vets, and many contractors/former contractors--which did truly begin under Bush, after a wave of patriotism and war rah-rah-ness died down a little--has suddenly become vicious and personal about Obama.

And when the question is asked, "why does this [whatever] bother you now as opposed to before?" the answer is always some form of "Just because it was wrong before doesn't mean it's not wrong now!" Which is true in isolation, but sort of misses several of the broader points.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
But you never know. I'm just surprised that the general "anti-government" stance of the other site I visit--full of military vets, and many contractors/former contractors--which did truly begin under Bush, after a wave of patriotism and war rah-rah-ness died down a little--has suddenly become vicious and personal about Obama.

And when the question is asked, "why does this [whatever] bother you now as opposed to before?" the answer is always some form of "Just because it was wrong before doesn't mean it's not wrong now!" Which is true in isolation, but sort of misses several of the broader points.
It puzzles me that you think these questions are worthy of genuine consideration.

You KNOW the answers.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
But I'm not even thinking just along race lines. I'm all up in the broader spectrum of just general stupidity believing everything you're told shiznit.
Those people are always around. They just aren't as vocal with the general stupidity when a good ol' boy from Texas is in charge.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I eagerly await teh declaration of martial law...because that means I will be in charge! Fear and worship me now, avoid the last minute rush!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Concise opinion piece from the NY Times on this subject. Frank Rich is dead on here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/opinion/28rich.html
AHHH! Beat me to it. I was rather impressed with Rich's article. He was able to weave a ton of 'health care' anger and pull out what is really behind it - essentially a white and aging minority (just like that old black flag song 'White Minority'!).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's an AP story but I used the fox news link so you'd believe it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/28/arrests-alleged-militia-activity-midwest/

WASHINGTON -- Nine suspects tied to a militia in the Midwest are charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement people, federal prosecutors said Monday.
Actually, I'm sure you've already heard about this by now (at least I hope so). But jesus dude. Quite a few of these nutjobs want to kill you and your coworkers for the job you do. I know it's not the oath keepers but many of the tenets are pretty damn similar. I really hope your interest in them is nothing more than professional preparation. This kind of thing makes me sick.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
This tactic that the SPLC is trying to use isn't working anymore. People who are angry that the Federal Reserve is raping them, angry that the government is taking 401 Ks, concerned with increasing federalization of the states and people who say government is too big have legitimate, issues to be angry about. That the SPLC is attempting to demonize these concerns by linking them with white supremacists and hate groups is useless. People are used to this rhetoric of demonetization and it simply isn't working anymore.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This tactic that the SPLC is trying to use isn't working anymore. People who are angry that the Federal Reserve is raping them, angry that the government is taking 401 Ks, concerned with increasing federalization of the states and people who say government is too big have legitimate, issues to be angry about. That the SPLC is attempting to demonize these concerns by linking them with white supremacists and hate groups is useless. People are used to this rhetoric of demonetization and it simply isn't working anymore.
so you're ok with racism and child molestation? - one of the leaders of an "oath keepers" type group was arrected in January for raping a 12 year old.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
You're funny. Have you seen some of the racist signs at these tea parties? Have you seen the video (supposedly of the US Congressman getting spit on) that shows the neo-nazi flag in the background? The SPLC doesn't have to *try* to link these groups, THEY ALREADY ARE.

http://www.realcourage.org/2010/02/florida-tea-party-on-stormfront/

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
You're funny. Have you seen some of the racist signs at these tea parties? Have you seen the video (supposedly of the US Congressman getting spit on) that shows the neo-nazi flag in the background? The SPLC doesn't have to *try* to link these groups, THEY ALREADY ARE.

http://www.realcourage.org/2010/02/florida-tea-party-on-stormfront/
I agree that these people with racist signs, neo-nazi flags, spitting etc... give the tea parties a bad image. It does. I would also suggest that the mainstream media is focusing too much on this instead of the important issues; including the ones I mentioned previously. It's sad that you see what I wrote about the SPLC as funny. I hope you don't think that evaporating 401 K's are funny.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
The SPLC isn’t doing anything except proving what people already think and/or know. I sincerely hope that the next thing to Obama administration goes after is Immigration Reform. When that happens, these so called "constitutionalist" groups will show their true colors. And by colors I mean Caucasian, brown shirted fascism.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I agree that these people with racist signs, neo-nazi flags, spitting etc... give the tea parties a bad image. It does. I would also suggest that the mainstream media is focusing too much on this instead of the important issues; including the ones I mentioned previously. It's sad that you see what I wrote about the SPLC as funny. I hope you don't think that evaporating 401 K's are funny.
The reason this is significant is that by not condemning the racist attitudes of their supporters, they are condoning it. These days, condoning racism destroys any credibility a political movement may have or hope to achieve.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
The SPLC isn’t doing anything except proving what people already think and/or know. I sincerely hope that the next thing to Obama administration goes after is Immigration Reform. When that happens, these so called "constitutionalist" groups will show their true colors. And by colors I mean Caucasian, brown shirted fascism.
It's interesting you say that the SPLC is simply proving what people already think and/ or know. In the article "Rage on the Right" they mention some anonymous poll;

(Rage on the Right, The Year in Hate and Extremism By Mark Potok)
Sixty-one percent of Americans believe the country is in decline, according to a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. Just a quarter think the government can be trusted. And the anti-tax tea party movement is viewed in much more positive terms than either the Democratic or Republican parties, the poll found.
I take it then, that you agree with the poll. But also agree that hate and extremist groups represent you? That's the demonizing I was referring to.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
angry that the government is taking 401 Ks
Wait, what?

TAKING 401ks????

Don't you think it's a little weird that all this concern about 'big government' happens almost to the day, a democrat takes presidential office? Yet the patriot act, a falsely packaged war, repeal of habeus corpus, and straight up bald faced wire tapping of US citizens never got these fvckwits off their couches with their "big government concerns."

Most of us don't think it's weird actually. We recognize it for the veiled bullshlt it really is. A black guy democratically elected from the party we didn't vote for calling the shots for 4 years. And then comes the fiction about kenyan birth, involvement with the weathermen and everything else they can make up to undermine the american system they claim to hold so dear.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
The reason this is significant is that by not condemning the racist attitudes of their supporters, they are condoning it. These days, condoning racism destroys any credibility a political movement may have or hope to achieve.
I agree with what you're saying. But I don't think that the tea party movement as a whole condones racism.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In the article "Rage on the Right" they mention some anonymous poll;
Based on those results, I highly doubt that their sampling methodology was un-biased and the degree of confidence for extrapolation to the entire population of the US is probably below well below 50%.

Its amazing how easy it is to skew a poll and introduce bias to get the results to support your views.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's interesting you say that the SPLC is simply proving what people already think and/ or know. In the article "Rage on the Right" they mention some anonymous poll;

I take it then, that you agree with the poll. But also agree that hate and extremist groups represent you? That's the demonetization I was referring to.
de·mon·e·tize (d-mn-tz, -mn-)
tr.v. de·mon·e·tized, de·mon·e·tiz·ing, de·mon·e·tiz·es
1. To divest (a coin, for example) of monetary value.
2. To stop using (a metal) as a monetary standard.

I think you mean demonize