Quantcast

Fed Ex Sucks

OGDMFG

Monkey
So on feb 20 I win an auction for a used 05 888 -the seller ships it out on the 23, I think cool I will be getting a fork in a few days, 2 weeks later I am still waiting for my fork turns out fedex has shipped my package to the wrong adress ,then it was shipped back to the denver hub,they found the package ,but they lost track of the here in
salt lake city.that was today. this sucks:mumble: :redhot:

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Like what the guy ^^ said. They made a mistake, it happens when you are doing millions of shipments all over the world each day. I'm sure they're trying to correct their mistake and get you the package ASAP. I've had nothing but good experiences with FedEx.

Hope you get your 888.

OGDMFG

Monkey
Well i just got off the phone with another service rep who informed me that they still had the wrong address , this is the sixth person that I have talked to and gave them my correct address. all I have to say is wtf?????????????????????????????????.I have shipped with them before. I have lost alot respect for fedex.

J

JRB

Well - I lost that respect for UPS overall when they delivered a tool that was critical to my job many years ago. Way before online tracking. UPS has broken plenty of stuff for me. The debate here is service though. It's not a scam.

OGDMFG

Monkey
I underastand that when you ship you have to wait , but seriously
this getting a little out of hand. I called fedex again last night when I got home from work, they still said it would be delivered the that day,
funny it was 8pm when I called. someone screwed up at fedex:redhot:

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
UPS is 100% worse than fedex. At my work we use both, but if there is an immenent deadline, UPS is open till 5:45 and fedex is already closed. If its our only option, we use it but they lose our packages at least 60% of the time. Fedex is the shipper of my choice. Plus you can chose to have stuff signed for on delivery, where as UPS will drop it on your doorstep to get stolen.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
HaveFaith said:
UPS is 100% worse than fedex. At my work we use both, but if there is an immenent deadline, UPS is open till 5:45 and fedex is already closed. If its our only option, we use it but they lose our packages at least 60% of the time. Fedex is the shipper of my choice. Plus you can chose to have stuff signed for on delivery, where as UPS will drop it on your doorstep to get stolen.
Do you know anything about what you just said?

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
blue said:
Do you know anything about what you just said?
Yes, I do. I stated clearly how I felt with real supporting evidence, rather than "Fedex Sucks man, I hate them." I actually had a $300 package stolen from my step because of UPS, and because it wasnt insured, they couldnt do anything about it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
HaveFaith said:
Yes, I do. I stated clearly how I felt with real supporting evidence, rather than "Fedex Sucks man, I hate them." I actually had a $300 package stolen from my step because of UPS, and because it wasnt insured, they couldnt do anything about it.
You mean you were an idiot for not having it sent sig required, nor declaring a value? With UPS you do have the option of sending it signature required. If UPS loses 60% of your packages, 2 things are happening. You're ****ing up (address, can't use iShip, etc), or you're not telling UPS they're ****ing up. Same would go for FedEx.

I know the insides (and outsides) of both of them quite well and can tell you UPS is a far more advanced and reliable shipping company overall.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
blue said:
You mean you were an idiot for not having it sent sig required, nor declaring a value? With UPS you do have the option of sending it signature required. If UPS loses 60% of your packages, 2 things are happening. You're ****ing up (address, can't use iShip, etc), or you're not telling UPS they're ****ing up. Same would go for FedEx.

I know the insides (and outsides) of both of them quite well and can tell you UPS is a far more advanced and reliable shipping company overall.

Dude, keep talking like you know all, when in fact you are an ass. I never started anything with you yet you act like you are the king of shipping. I work in an industry where timelines are important (litigation) and sometimes we need to send stuff out overnight for delivery in the morning. Being that our company is also right next door to the regional UPS hub, I also get to see the inside and we use them frequently. They throw boxes into big piles with no organization and park their trucks all over the damn place at the end of the day, leaving bottles of piss in our lot - Thats so damn professional man. Whenever stuff is sent rushed at the last minute, they lose it. This is coming from a business with accounts with UPS and professional office personel sending the stuff. Therefore, its not getting messed up on our side of it. Everytime this happens, we tell them and get a full refund (obviously dumb ass) but we are forced into the situation because clients demand something to be sent ASAP. It is in no way f-ed up on our side of the deal, its our freaking business to send out reports and the like.

As far as requiring a signature, I wasnt the one who sent it, therefore had no control of whether or not that happened (this was for a personal shipment, not business as above). The only thing I controlled was replacing the stuff.

Basically all you keep sending out is opinion with nothing to back it up. How are they more advanced? More reliable? Please give proof. I know for fact that UPS loses our stuff. We have packages sent next morning and clients recieve them 3 days later. Whether or not you choose to believe me or take this as fact, thats your perogative. Otherwise, keep your pure opinion based jib-jab to yourself.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
HaveFaith said:
Dude, keep talking like you know all, when in fact you are an ass. I never started anything with you yet you act like you are the king of shipping. I work in an industry where timelines are important (litigation) and sometimes we need to send stuff out overnight for delivery in the morning. Being that our company is also right next door to the regional UPS hub, I also get to see the inside and we use them frequently. They throw boxes into big piles with no organization and park their trucks all over the damn place at the end of the day, leaving bottles of piss in our lot - Thats so damn professional man. Whenever stuff is sent rushed at the last minute, they lose it. This is coming from a business with accounts with UPS and professional office personel sending the stuff. Therefore, its not getting messed up on our side of it. Everytime this happens, we tell them and get a full refund (obviously dumb ass) but we are forced into the situation because clients demand something to be sent ASAP. It is in no way f-ed up on our side of the deal, its our freaking business to send out reports and the like.

As far as requiring a signature, I wasnt the one who sent it, therefore had no control of whether or not that happened (this was for a personal shipment, not business as above). The only thing I controlled was replacing the stuff.

Basically all you keep sending out is opinion with nothing to back it up. How are they more advanced? More reliable? Please give proof. I know for fact that UPS loses our stuff. We have packages sent next morning and clients recieve them 3 days later. Whether or not you choose to believe me or take this as fact, thats your perogative. Otherwise, keep your pure opinion based jib-jab to yourself.
Regional hub distro network, tracking systems, employee morale, Fedex's terrible owner/operator ground model (aka holycrapcouldyouscrewupmorefreightandgroundshipmentsanyotherway?), simple capital, claims processing, retail availability, etc. Would you like me to go on?

Btw, if you want a decent air doc shipper, go DHL, they kick the crap out of UPS and FedEx regularly. Far more nimble and flexible.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Thanks for the recommendation on DHL. Not trying to fight you man, just defending myself from a tongue-lashing. We all have personal leanings for different companies and definitely have the right to support either one.