Quantcast

Feedback Sports stands

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Anyone have a Feedback stand? Looking at either the classic or sport mechanic model.

Probably the sport mechanic due to save a few dollars. Only thing I'm weirded out on are the plastic clamps on the lower part of the stand, vs metal on the more expensive ones.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've had one for 10+ years. Looks like it's been redesigned a little since I got mine, but the Pro Classic looks to be the closest. It's great.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
if my stand would ever die, which I won't, I'd buy a Feedback fo sho. They're local, lifetime warranty, and shiny red so you go faster.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have the one similar to the feedback pro-classic with the older head. It refuses to die. Something like 20 years old by now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@OGRipper good point on the Ultralight..I missed that one. I shall add it to my cart on Jenson.

Now fingers crossed that they actually have it in stock. No where seems to have any in stock. :(

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
They're good. Red one has a larger clamp which is a bit of a pain on my nomad because it barely fits through the frame due to the space between the top tube and the shock.

Rock solid, though.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I have an older version of the sport mechanic that has been great for 7 or so years. I do wish I would have went with the next model up though for the nicer clamp it has.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have a 10+ year old stand and a couple of their smaller scorpion stands for day to day stuff, generally take one of those with us when we're on a bike trip.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shit these things are hard to find. I ordered the Ultralight Feedback Sports stand through Jenson way back when and its still back ordered. I've moved up from 30 to 10 in the queue though.

Sold out everywhere...

Ugh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Shit these things are hard to find. I ordered the Ultralight Feedback Sports stand through Jenson way back when and its still back ordered. I've moved up from 30 to 10 in the queue though.

Sold out everywhere...

Ugh.
They're local here in Golden. Did you try going direct?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They're local here in Golden. Did you try going direct?
Even their website says "join waitlist". :(

I think I remember looking before and the shipping to Canada was prohibitive or something.

Even if I wanted a Park stand, the only ones available are the expensive shop types.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Late to the party. I have the Ultralight and also an older Park. The Park is more solid and if you really need to get out a stubborn BB or similar then this is the way to go. The Ultralight is good for general stuff, quick maintenance and smaller jobs, but if I do a full build I use the more stable Park. I got the Ultralight as my more "mobile" work stand, so set it up outside if the weather is nice or take it on road trips.
Drawback of the Ultralight IMO is that the clamp arm/bike rotates around on the vertical post if you pull on the bike although the QR clamp is locked. I further can't seem to make the slide lock work reliably: it is just not sliding.

Overall I am not unhappy with it and would buy again as it is doing the job I wanted it to, but it could be better.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've had an Ultralight for a couple decades now, it's still going strong. It has an older-clamp head. Back when these kind of blew up, the "consumer" Park stand was a piece of crap. The popularity of the "Ultimate" stands made Park go back to the drawing board and put out something that didn't fall over all the time, ultimately going to a 3-foot setup similar to Ultimate. I like how light it is and how it folds up. It's stable enough for a DH bike and for some major work, but a heavier mount head would help and it's not what I'd call shop-quality, even though it's pretty high quality. I run into more issues on modern frames about not being able to clamp the frame tubes and having enough of the non-sliding dropper post to clamp onto, and even then you have to be sure you aren't clamping the ring/seal area up higher and crushing it. For a dedicated shop (as in home-shop), a Park-head like PRS-7 or 4.2 is usually best, but these are a decent substitute IME and still hold up well. I think Ultimate, where these started, made things like drum-stands and musical instrument stands. Then it made it's way to "Feedback Sports"?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The Park I have is the PRS-15 and it is way more stable than the UL. It is the closest that you can get to a full shop stand with a base plate IMO. The Ultralight is great for what it is, that is why I have both. :D
I never clamp bikes on frame tubes, always on the seat post (non-sliding part).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Park I have is the PRS-15 and it is way more stable than the UL. It is the closest that you can get to a full shop stand with a base plate IMO. The Ultralight is great for what it is, that is why I have both. :D
I never clamp bikes on frame tubes, always on the seat post (non-sliding part).
To be fair, that PRS-15 looks like it was double the price of the Ultralight. :busted:

For tight bolts, bottom brackets, cranks and such, I put the bike on the ground anyways. Doing that in a stand that can tip over is just asking for your beer to be spilled...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Look what finally arrived. I think I ordered this the first week of July. Thanks 'Rona.

I can give this sketch China one back to my buddy now...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One thing I don't like about this stand is that I can't turn the cranks on our fat bikes, if the pedals are installed. The bike needs to be further out just a hair. But thinking about this, maybe it just a fat bike problem, with the extra bigely wide bottom brackets.

On the plus side, this rack is very sturdy compared to that old one. I took off the back wheel on one bike and it didn't even give a hint of wanting to tip.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've had a Pedro's portable stand for (almost 20 years????) a while.

It's not perfect but it gets the job done. It can get tippy if I don't have the bike set up right.

Hard to believe it's been with me so long.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I have the feedback stand and the pedals on a regular mountain bike will hit the stand if the bike rotates a little in the clamp.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
My feedback Pro-Elite clamp covers just shit the bed.
The red plastic protectors have both split to the point of being unuseable.
Looks like things have changed too, as they no longer ship to Canada.

I bought my stand and accessories directly from them about 10 years ago now.

I know they have been sold in the interim, so I will just assume the change in lack of shipping to America's Hat is due to the new owners sucking donkey balls or some such. Probably.

Anybody know who sells Feedback service parts and actually knows the world does not stop existing at the US border?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I know they have been sold in the interim, so I will just assume the change in lack of shipping to America's Hat is due to the new owners sucking donkey balls or some such. Probably.

Anybody know who sells Feedback service parts and actually knows the world does not stop existing at the US border?
These guys are in Canada https://www.thebikeshop.com/product-list/tools-maintenance-1476/?rb_br=1979

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I presume they're still based here down in town as I've collected directly from them before rather than paying shipping.

Doubt they're doing collection from their office now, but if you're completely stuck I can look into relay shipping to you.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
@canadmos - Tanks, but none of those shops are showing maintenance parts. I don't need a new clamp head, just the plastic covers for the jaws.

I have sent a couple of questions to Canukistani shops to see if anybody has something not listed on the site.

@6thElement - If nothing pans out from this latitude I may take you up on your kind offer.
Cheers good sir!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Thebikeshop.com will order stuff not on their website if you give them a message.
Their reply...

"Michael,

I've checked with our supplier for Feedback Sports, unfortunately, I am not able to order their replacement small parts. Our supplier only has the full-service stands in-stock and the replacement clamping units but not the pads or additional accessories.

Cheers,
Mike"

I am so sick of this crap, this is so typical of Canadian distros. I am assuming it will be the same story from other shops as well. Have a question into Feedback as well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Their reply...

"Michael,

I've checked with our supplier for Feedback Sports, unfortunately, I am not able to order their replacement small parts. Our supplier only has the full-service stands in-stock and the replacement clamping units but not the pads or additional accessories.

Cheers,
Mike"

I am so sick of this crap, this is so typical of Canadian distros. I am assuming it will be the same story from other shops as well. Have a question into Feedback as well.
Yeah that is garbage. Having only a few distributors and being forced to use them is a crock of shit.