Quantcast

Feelin retro

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The same guy is building the bikes, but we're putting better stickers on them now!

For all you Manitou fans

This is Tom Rogers- he's the race/r+d guy at Marzocchi USA these days.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It came out of a mountain bike mag before they stopped being separate from bicycling. It was like a "coast to coast" special with the spooky being east coast. That bike was the hottest thing in 96

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
It came out of a mountain bike mag before they stopped being separate from bicycling. It was like a "coast to coast" special with the spooky being east coast. That bike was the hottest thing in 96
Review:

It's interesting to know that Chris Herting and FTW(both founders of Yeti) are the only people that have ever built Darksides. Eastcoast pride, SoCal and Durango roots.

And at least in the UK this was the coolest bike of 1998:

And '99

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
speaking of slalom, i have a cheeta dual slalom frame that's still sitting in my garage. full built almost, needs a derailer i think, and some better brakes n tires.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ

not mine but same exact frame. Mine has a pretty **** build on it as I spent all my money on the frame itself. Cane Creek will make a shock the right size for the rear.

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
I wanted a homegrown hard tail so bad back then but I was on a steel trek at the time and had just built the carbon monstrosity.

I tried riding it the other day and could barely get my hands close together enough to hold the handlebars. I can't believe we rode bikes like that at one point.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looks like a fun bike. Always wondered what happened to Cheeta. They seemed to have some momentum in the early 2000s.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like a fun bike. Always wondered what happened to Cheeta. They seemed to have some momentum in the early 2000s.
went under, not sure of details as to when ( i wanna say early 2000's?) or why. they were originally a bmx company who then expanded into mtb / gravity - only ever made the slalom frame and a (horrible) dh bike.