Quantcast

feeling accomplished

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
MRE's may be OK, but K-rations sucked. The ones I had were left over from Viet Nam.
Did you get the little "John Wayne" opener with them? That thing rocked! But after crawling around doing infantry training with that thing attached to my dog tags, I have a permanent scar.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Uh... back in my school days, a great meal meant we had access to boiling water - otherwise we ate our ramen raw - like the struggling college students we were. :)
We just used our camping stoves. I only got fine once for using mine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i heard good things about covering food with olive oil , it brings out the flavor or something ? i have to try it.
i grill multiple times a week. unless a cut of meat has been marinated, i always use olive oil. it helps the outer most portion of the meat stay moist, while getting cooked soon enough to lock in the moisture on the inside of the meat. i ever put olive oil and pepper on kielbasa and sauasages when i grill them; keeps the casings from bursting in the heat.

salting a meat when you cook it helps draw the juices to the surface, also getting more flavor (i think this is the point of it). regardless, the only time i salt meat is when i use a chuck roast to make chili - and oh sh*t is it good. ( my chili recipe also includes beer).