Quantcast

Feeling like DaPeach

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Tomcat re-usable snap trap. Don't get the cheaper/weaker kind, the Tomcats are dirt cheap as it is and they last a long time. Set 1-2 in each room where you know they are frequenting. Open end against a wall, under a cupboard, behind the fridge, etc.

Once you set it leave it for no more than 2-3 days. If they don't trip it, move it.

Mice are stupid and curious. If they don't check it out right away, they won't.

(rats are the opposite, you might have to leave a trap for more than a week before they even approach it)

Crunchy peanut butter, or Reese's peanut butter cups work great.

With the plastic snap traps, make sure to really fill the small bait cylinder, so they have to work on it. That will keep them on the trigger long enough to get nice and dead.

Once you kill em all, CLEAN YOUR HOUSE and seal up any entrances for them. Mice and rats can squeeze through any hole then can shove their heads through. That means a small mouse can fit through a 1/4" hole.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Happened at my house once. The family pitched in and had wash every plate etc because there was mouse crap all over everything... Soooo irritating, we finally found him dead in a mouse trap but he kept eating the peanut butter off the traps without setting them off.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
By the way, once there is one visible mouse in your kitchen, that means their are many more you can't see somewhere on your property. Kill em all fast.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Getting landlord approval.

Left the light on in the hall, hoping that would spook him away. I'm off to the trap store later. Already Cloroxing everything. Thought I blocked his entry yesterday, but looks like I missed it.

How climby are they? Wondering about entry through windows by stucko walls.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Very climby. They got into one of my copiers, and the hole was at the top of the rear panel, about 4 feet off the ground, and nothing near that they could have climbed up to get to the hole they made. Cost the customer about $300 to fix the machine.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
you gotta burn the hole house down to be safe, you know what, better idea. you better just burn down your entire neiborhood that should solve it for sure :thumb:.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
One time they cleared the field across the street from my house, from back to front, driving thousands of mice onto my property. I could set a trap and it would snap before I left the room. That was some biblical sh!t.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What you need is some oven mitts and a bbq spatula.

A DISPATCH-ula, if you will...

and of course, you should watch this to get yourself psyched up:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If they are getting in the will most likely keep coming so killing them only minimizes the problem i.e. you need to find out where they get in an stop them from getting in. Fill holes with expanding foams and use steel wool.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
Mice can climb like spiderman, or close to it. Tip: if you corner one and decide to grab it, go for the base of the tail.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BTW - sticky traps are fun if you like to catch em live and chop em up yourself.

And yeah, you THINK you cleaned your place but you're wrong. They can live on that popcorn you spilled in the couch cushions or any other place where crumbs and food scraps collect.

One note: sealing holes with steel wool sometimes means the mice try to chew through it, then they die in the walls. Careful.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Tomcat re-usable snap trap. Don't get the cheaper/weaker kind, the Tomcats are dirt cheap as it is and they last a long time. Set 1-2 in each room where you know they are frequenting. Open end against a wall, under a cupboard, behind the fridge, etc.

Crunchy peanut butter, or Reese's peanut butter cups work great.

With the plastic snap traps, make sure to really fill the small bait cylinder, so they have to work on it. That will keep them on the trigger long enough to get nice and dead.
Tomcat acquired. What a mean bastard that is. I also posted up two glue traps.

I think I spotted his entry today. No droppings today, yet.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I think he likes to crucify mice and leave their bodies on a stake in his front yard as a warning to the others. Has to work.
Yup, that's my MO.

When I lived in east county San Diego (lakeside) we had mice. Lots of mice. Eventually we got creative when killing them. We hunted them... had our cats flush them out then we'd shoot em with BB guns. Crossbows were sadly ineffective. We whacked them with bats (splat!) and when nothing else worked we caught one, tied it to a stake, placed it atop the pile of wood in the fireplace and lit that sucker! Frikkin Mouse of Arc, baby! :weee:

We impaled a few on stakes (bamboo skewers) and placed them around the yard as a warning to the other mice.

As fun as it was, it didn't work all that well. We had to move.

Oh yeah, when mice get into the oven and you suddenly turn it on, they forget how to get out. :thumb:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The Tomcat got the guy.

Now I have a new problem. I woke to the sound of the trap snapping and mouse squealing. He is now bloody on my counter and not quite dead. Every few minute, he pipes up to squeal and shake. The trap got him on the side, not snapping his neck. I wanted to go back to sleep for a couple hours and deal with it upon sun-up. Now I feel compelled to put him out of his misery, but not sure how. I'm particularly gimpy in the morning, so my handicapped coordination is a factor, and I don't want to make a bigger mess.

Of course, as I type this, the squeals have quieted, and he is sounding properly dead now.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
The Tomcat got the guy.

Now I have a new problem. I woke to the sound of the trap snapping and mouse squealing. He is now bloody on my counter and not quite dead. Every few minute, he pipes up to squeal and shake. The trap got him on the side, not snapping his neck. I wanted to go back to sleep for a couple hours and deal with it upon sun-up. Now I feel compelled to put him out of his misery, but not sure how. I'm particularly gimpy in the morning, so my handicapped coordination is a factor, and I don't want to make a bigger mess.

Of course, as I type this, the squeals have quieted, and he is sounding properly dead now.
162.JPG