Quantcast

Feeling retro

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
this is correct. here's the history that was on the yeti website at one time:

Sometimes we make frames that are intended for racing only. Such was the case with the 4x frame. A new racing format hit the scene and we started with modifying current frames (at the time that was the AS-R) to race. This modification was fine under Marla Streb, but the big fella from down under (Rennie) needed something more substantial. So we made him custom 4x bikes. The front end was massively strong, as were the thick, short chainstays.
After watching our racers ride the bike for three years, the masses started clamoring for a production version, so we obliged with a Special Projects bike (limited production of 100). This was later followed up with a full production bike and became stock in our product line.

The special projects version were US made. The stock production 4x frames ('08 - '12) were overseas built I believe.

also.

Soon.
Wish I never got rid of mine, believe it was number 3 ever made. Ended up trading it for a built 575 when I got to college, needed a trail bike (that a rarely ever rode) and regretted it everyday.