Quantcast

~ Feliz Navidad ~

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Here's the the end of another fantastic year, and the start of an even better one. The luminarias have been placed on my roofline with care, and all my bikes are snuggled in the garage awaiting the arrival of xc ski season...

Cheers from my home to all of you and yours and hope you have a safe and Happy Holiday Season.

Casa de Tierra Rojo

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
we did that sh*t when we lived in texas and louisiana.....
My folks lived in Santa Fe for 8 years when I was a kid, luminarias, and going to Chimayo for dinner then the plaza on Christmas Eve are my most vivid memories of living there. Every place I've ever lived I've done luminarias for Christmas every year. Got some weird looks in Cali and Oregon, but people always loved them.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
They are called farolitos (little lanterns) if you live north of Albuquerque. Luminarias are the little bonfires people light at the end of their driveways.
I was wondering about that, I grew up in Las Cruces in the mid 60-70's and in Valencia County in the early 80; we called 'em luminarias. But then in the mid/late 90's the term farolitos started being used in the ABQ area.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
My folks lived in Santa Fe for 8 years when I was a kid, luminarias, and going to Chimayo for dinner then the plaza on Christmas Eve are my most vivid memories of living there. Every place I've ever lived I've done luminarias for Christmas every year. Got some weird looks in Cali and Oregon, but people always loved them.

Love those! I did the same when I moved to Louisiana, except they didn't last more than a night or two because of all the rain there.

They are so low budget, yet look warm and cozy.

Last edited: