Quantcast

Fellow Monkies, prayers please, one of our own is down............

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
I got a myspace message from on of Scott Allen's friends a few minutes ago... Scott Allen (Ska-T) was in a horrible accident yesterday and they think he might have had a heart attack while driving his jeep... he flipped it and is in surgical ICU at this time...

I talked to Jen (his wife) and she was TERRIBLY UPSET and sd that he is REALLY SICK... we are on our way to KU MED now, in KC...

Please PLEASE pray for him...

I will be posting when we get home this evening also

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Aaron told me about it this morning. That's awful. My thoughts are for Ska-T and family.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
the latest.............................

so we got there and the MRI dept called and wanted a lot of info from Jen regarding any metal objects that Scott might have implanted in his body... (he has none)

So, Nate and I went back to see him before they took him for the MRI and they were diconnecting him from all the monitors and lines, etc... to transport him to the MRI room, in the basement...

When they went to take him off the "vent" and manually "bag" him for the trip to MRI, he did fine for about 30 seconds but then started to breathe VERY RAPIDLY and his oxygen saturation dropped significantly... He can not afford to be without a good oxygen supply ANYMORE, even for a little while... so the nurse called the dr while we were there and he told her to put him back on the vent and they could try again tomorrow, when he MIGHT be stronger or able to come off the vent. for the short trip to the MRI room...

(the special vent he is on is a really HIGH TECH C-PAP machine... it forces air into the lungs which expands the small sacs at the most distant borders of the lungs (alveoli)... this is where Oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged... The Oxygen is transported into the blood stream and the CO2 is able to be released thru exhalation... When those sacs arent forced open by the CPAP machine, he doesnt get good oxygenation of his blood = low O2 saturation... Normally, our alveoli do this on their own but his lungs are in bad shape right now and need the assistance of the CPAP...I hope that makes sense and is explained correctly)...

From what Jen has told me... she had STRICT instructions from Scott, in the past, that should he ever become dependent on machines for life and should there be no hope of returning to normalcy, he wanted her to make the decision to allow him to pass... this is killing her... she is absolutely distraught with this knowledge... however, she has honored his wishes and with FULL CONSENT of his family and hers, they have changed his code status to "Do Not Resucsitate." At this time, they have not made any attempts to disconnect any machines or medications, however, should he be unable to maintain with the support that he is receiving now, they will not attempt to do anything further.

If the supportive treatments become futile and this decision to maintain these treatments changes, OBVIOUSLY, we will update accordingly.

I absolutely support ANY decision Jen is forced to make and pray for her, as I know you are all doing the same. She has mentioned several things that I wanted to mention... She also sd that he did NOT want a funeral, wake or anything along those lines... His wishes were to be cremated. So, GOD FORBID, should she be faced with this situation, she mentioned having an afternoon get together in her backyard, with a TRADITIONAL BONFIRE (DEVILS DEN STYLE) and a "ride" with the guys down the trails behind their home. REGARDLESS, I think this is a GREAT IDEA, whether it be in HONOR of Scott or in MEMORY of him...

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES... Beleive with me...
V

and to keep this from getting too heavy....................Ska-T as we all know him

Scott w/ Jen, us & our neighbor Kev @ the 'Red Balloon' bar in KC.......... many many good times

we're all pullin for ya broham & cheese.............love ya man..........

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Dag. So terrible. Prayers with his family.

Cooter, I'm sorta local please let me know if I can help in any way. I'll keep an eye on the ER board too.