Quantcast

Fellow Monkies, prayers please, one of our own is down............

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Nate and I are trying to think of ANYTHING we can do for Jen and the kids... I know that the KC guys are all going to go in on the new bike that scott had been pricing for Riley... but this wont be enough... I want to do something for Jen also....

So, nate and I decided that we are going to talk to Jen and get some account info from her and set up a pay pal account for anyone who wants to contribute to her and the kids...

She will have considerable hospital bills from his stay in the ER and ICU and then she is going to be having a baby in June so there are more expenses and MORE TIME OFF WORK...

Not to mention the loss of his income...

If anyone wants to donate anything to her and the kids... it would probably be MORE THAN APPRECIATED!

We are also talking about a MEMORIAL RIDE in Scotts memory at Devils Den in the next few montsh... Nate and I are swamped this month with school, finals, graduation, etc... but possibly in May or June?

Any thoughts on a good time for this? I have to schedule time off work so, I would like to at least get an idea of when so that we can kinda get it on a calendar...

The only time we CANT do it would be May 9-12 due to Graduation and May 31st thru June 7th, as we are taking the kids to Disney World, as a thank you for putting up with me for the past 3 yrs while I have been in school...

let us know...
V (cooters wife)

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Fvckkk. This is horrible. Fayetteville crew sends condelonces.

Cooter, let me know when the ride will be, and I'll go to Devils Den and rake the trail beforehand.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Thanks DNA....

was he at Devils Den that time I met up with you?
Yeah, most likely. It's hard to recognize folks in their full-face helmets sometimes. He was riding a red Santa Cruz VP-Free.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
I received a myspace msg from one of Jen's friends in response to my request for info... here is what is being said... its not a whole lot of new info, but at least everyone can see that it is being worked on...

she said:
hey lady,
they are working on this as we speak. sara works at a bank and has someone setting this up. The info will be in the obituary and we'll have more info also at the wake/party/whatever they are going to call it.
you wouldn't be bothering her calling, but i can assure you it won't be her answering her phone. but whom ever it is, can give you info too.
you and your husband take good care, this is a horrible time for all of us!!

So, when we see the obituary or when i get ahold of someone who has the bank info, i will let everyone know and be sure to get it posted up... Same with the memorial "wake" party at Jens for the local folk...

V

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Scott was a great guy to be around. I've ridden with him for 5 years now, and am going to miss him. He's always been a fun guy to hang around.Didn't matter if it was riding in his back yard,on a local trail, or just hangin out, having a beer around a camp fire. I'm glad I got to spend the time I had with him.

I don't cry very often, and once I got the word early this morning, I wept like a baby.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Jen called me and asked if I could collect ANY AND ALL pics of scott that anyone may have of him... It can be riding, hanging out by a campfire, in the shuttle truck, anything... she wants to save them and give them to Riley...

You can post them on the board here or email them to me at vgourd@hotmail.com

Also, she has asked me to put together a poster board collage of pics for the memorial service that is going to be on Sat.

Scott's mother is really wanting some sort of FORMAL service for him, so they are having something (NOT A WAKE, VISITATION, ETC) on Sat (time to be determined).

When i get more info on the services, I will post that info.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I've met him somewhere. Snowshoe. Mt. Snow. I don't know.

Wow. He's just a kid still. Too young. :(

Wishing peace and strength to his family.

Sounds like a life well lived, albeit short.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
The REMEBERANCE GATHERING service for Scott will be on Saturday, the 19th of April...

Amos Family Funeral Home
10901 S Johnson Dr
Shawnee Mission KS 66203
913-631-5566

2:00pm - 4:00pm

Here is the link to his obituary and bank information for donations...

http://www.amosfamily.com/scottallen.html

Contributions may be made to the:

Children of Scott M. Allen Memorial Education Fund
C/O Bank of America
acct #518001674273
PO Box 31900
Tampa, FL 33631.