Quantcast

Female FRer progression

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I just got back from Whistler. I just bought my wife a 05 Big Hit and a Dianese. Her first day at Whislter was her 3rd day on a big bike. Here is a few pics of her progression. Her first try she just rode of the small drop. The 2nd try she pulled back a little and dropped it. She says, "easy." She did do the 2nd drop up but I didn't get pics..... I got video. She has progressed so much in just one trip. Next year, maybe she will do the next two.

She is now talking about doing a local DH race. Female progression is awesome.

Attachments

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Awsome!!! I love it when girls ride. Wish my honey would ride but I will settle for and be happy that she doesn;t get jealous of my riding and my bikes.

:thumb: to your wife!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
My 2nd wife had a beater Trek that never left the garage. The other two thought it was "cute" that I rode. You're a lucky man!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
My 2nd wife had a beater Trek that never left the garage. The other two thought it was "cute" that I rode. You're a lucky man!
How many times have you been married?!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah having a wife that rides is sweet!! though when i look for bike parts for her bike i find sweet deals! and when i look for parts for mine i find nothing....odd

keep her ripping rubber down!!

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
That's awesome.
My girl has just started saying she wants to ride. She's come to a few DH races, watched, and got caught up in it! Just got her a cheapish XC to learn the basics. If she sticks with it I'll build my old Tomac for her to DH with.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
hey man where wer those shots taken at that place is in like every mag and i was woundering were those drops are lockated at if you could PM the info thanx

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya I am real lucky. Id post a pic but she might get mad. Next year she wants to ride a lot more. Hopefully I can get her to do a few races and go with me and the guys to Fernie more. Im already planning 2 trips to Whistler.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i snagged a good girl as well. we ride whistler together most weekends, and she rides pretty much everything except for the double black stuff. as a bonus, she snowboards as well. its great having a partner that shares (or at least is empathetic with) your passions. she rocks. here's a crappy pic i took last week on the new freight train drop - she was clearing the wood tranny.

Attachments

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My wife says next year..... she did look at that drop for a long time when we were there 2 weeks ago.

Wow she cleared the wood tranny. Thats awesome!

Inkhell

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
Golden
That's awesome...my wife used to ride regularly with me. Even liked jumping and natural dhill trails. Climbed and descended Wilson's ridge several times. We had a little girl a couple years ago so quit riding. I think she's finally ready to start back. She seemed a little re-energized by your video.

Here's a shot from about 4 years ago.

Attachments

Lucky7

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Chicago
Really enjoyed the video. Only thing is, it's December and I want to go ride there right now!! Haha, nice job man.

Bryan

legend_killer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
C-town, NC
Inkhell said:
That's awesome...my wife used to ride regularly with me. Even liked jumping and natural dhill trails. Climbed and descended Wilson's ridge several times. We had a little girl a couple years ago so quit riding. I think she's finally ready to start back. She seemed a little re-energized by your video.

Hey, thats my bike! still got that frame, might build it up for some XC riding

JT

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Inkhell said:

Same thing happened to me. We had a little girl and she didnt ride for 2 years. She use to ride a 00 FSR so I decided to get her a big bike and got her the 05 Big Hit. She didn't ride much last year, but she got a lot better. Next year should be more fun.

She only weighs 130 but she rides this 42 lb beast uphill.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81068&d=1128483496

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Great vid Britt. Man, you guys must haul a lot on the trail, I noticed you both have pretty big packs. Got a kitchen sink!?!?!?!?! lol...j/k.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya,we carry a lot of stuff. Around here there arent too many shuttles so you haul all your stuff to the top. Plus, I hate walking out. I carry tools, tubes, camera and gear.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
for everyone who is not married, good idea to find a woman who does ride. makes getting out a lot easier and i almost enjoy watching her ride and progress more than my own progression.

couple action shots.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, I finally got her Avy and 03 Super T set up for her weight. She says it is waaay softer. She weighs 130. It was set up for a 185 lb rider before. :eek: Wait till she gets a real ride on her bike. It was sort of hard to set the bike up for such a light rider, but I think its perfect, now. It has been sort of fun to set the bike up for her. She tells me how the bike rides and I make adjustments and she gives me feedback. I guess Im her bike mechanic. :) So far, every adjustment Ive made has made the bike ride better, according to her.

89yota

Chimp
Oct 10, 2003
Gotta love having a girl that rides...I've been with mine for a couple years now. Actually, our first date was a mountain bike ride. She schooled me on the climbs. She's a blast to ride with tho, falls a lot on the dh and she needs to build up her confidence a bit more, but we were all there at some point or another. I give her a couple more seasons and she'll probably be pretty damn good. She's recovering rite now from a foot surgery, but will be back in the saddle in a couple months.

-Ian

oh and p.s.- you gotta remember something... mountain bikers do it in the woods