Quantcast

female friendly messenger bag

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I know this subject has been beat into the ground ie messenger bags. But I am finally in the market for one. I like my timbuktu, and finally have it adjusted to where it doesn't completely kill my chest, but they are kind of pricey and if I could find a cheaper one that women seem to like more, I would go for it. Any of you ladies recomend a bag that doesn't squish your chest. I even looked at backpacks but I really like the way a messenger bag sits on my back.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I like my Chrome bag. It doesn't squish, but I only have medium-sized breastesses. I guess it is boobie-dependent :)
I looked at Chrome bags. I liked the way they look but the only thing that turned me off is the quick release on the strap. I am sure it is convenient but it looks heavy/bulky/uncomfortable.

Jan 19, 2008
Try a Mountain Smith bag. "The Lumbar Series" Its a waist strapped bag that sits much like a messenger type. A shoulder strap is included, holds plenty of cargo, and doesn't look like a fanny pack. I got one for my ex, she loved it. Like you she didn't appreciate smashed boobs, so, she left me. :brows:
Very comfy for riding.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Try a Mountain Smith bag. "The Lumbar Series" Its a waist strapped bag that sits much like a messenger type. A shoulder strap is included, holds plenty of cargo, and doesn't look like a fanny pack. I got one for my ex, she loved it. Like you she didn't appreciate smashed boobs, so, she left me. :brows:
Very comfy for riding.
I have one of these and I don't think it would suit my purposes for commuting. I need something really big that can hold a lot of weight if needs be, and I'm not fond of the lumbar when packed to capacity.

Moshee, I have looked at crumpler. I get more excited about their camera bags than messenger.

BikeMann

Chimp
Feb 29, 2008
so i was creeping around ridemonkey and saw messenger bag so i thought i'd chime in.

my messenger-gal-friend was having the same problem, so she bought a messenger style, two strap backpack from freight baggage.

They also have regular messneger bags too

Jan 19, 2008
I have one of these and I don't think it would suit my purposes for commuting. I need something really big that can hold a lot of weight if needs be, and I'm not fond of the lumbar when packed to capacity.

Moshee, I have looked at crumpler. I get more excited about their camera bags than messenger.
I have one of their Camera Bags I'm not using. PM me if you wanna see some pics. I have too many lenses for the bag I bought, and barely used it.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
I know this subject has been beat into the ground ie messenger bags. But I am finally in the market for one. I like my timbuktu, and finally have it adjusted to where it doesn't completely kill my chest, but they are kind of pricey and if I could find a cheaper one that women seem to like more, I would go for it. Any of you ladies recomend a bag that doesn't squish your chest. I even looked at backpacks but I really like the way a messenger bag sits on my back.
so, Laura, what did you decide on? And, what do you think of those chrome bags?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I haven't gotten anything new yet. Still waiting. I've seen the chrome bags in person and I just don't like them. That buckle is too big for me.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
so, Laura, what did you decide on? And, what do you think of those chrome bags?
I got around to trying on a large chrome bag yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. It was really really comfortable, even loaded down. Fit really well and felt a lot more stable than my timbuktu. I liked the organization layout of the bag and it was f'in HUGE. The buckle didn't bother me at all, like I was worried about. I'm stuck on the neon pink for the visibility factor alone. I imagine it will be months before I can commit to anything.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Reload Bags was co-founded and run by our pal Ellie, plus their bags/packs are still mostly designed and made by women (by hand!) down in Philly so any custom requests you have will definitely be well understood.

They are a little pricey but it's a cool and quirky company with an outstanding product. Plus, they can make you anything your heart desires. Check them out.

Last edited:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch

Holy ****, I am in love.

I think I asked about this comapny a while back but I can't remember. I'm definitely going to give them a second look. THanks.

Last edited:

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal

Holy ****, I am in love.

I think I asked about this comapny a while back but I can't remember. I'm definitely going to give them a second look. THanks.

You certainly can not argue with herbie hancock! pIMp!
Does it account for boobie-smoosh, though?

ekoostick

Chimp
May 9, 2006
My lady friend got a bag from Bailey Works made right here in NH. They are a super cool company. She rides all around Boston and has no complaints (besides the one she bought was too small). She rides daily, rain or shine, and the bag keeps everything dry. Worth checking out!