Quantcast

Feral Cats - what would you do?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Where do you live, if not in a neighborhood. Surely you don't live in the sticks.
Yep, in the woods.
And yesterday while hitting my dirt jumps after work, there were two wild cats in the woods watching me.
I quickly looked down in my pants and realized my wedding tackle was of a sufficient size and that I did not need to run in the house, get a gun, and shoot them.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Catch each cat, fvck them, then release them. They won't come back.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Its actually way more "pussy" for a guy to give a damn if something is disturbing his precious flower bed.:rofl:
Ah, this is why I moved out of neighborhoods.
If I come home and see some asshat shooting cats with a pellet gun, I would kick his ass from one end of the street to the other, and then I would take a $hit in his flower bed.

Such a tough guy.

Disturbing and crapping in are quite different. It's awesome to go out in the yard and be greeted by the smell of cat sh!t. We also have a soon to be toddler roaming about, who knows what these cats might have - fleas, diseases, etc. None of which I want her exposed to. These cats will be gone one way or another.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I used to get really pissed off about the feral hippies in my neighborhood until someone pointed out they where there first and my choices where to adapt or die. I chose life. :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I used to get really pissed off about the feral hippies in my neighborhood until someone pointed out they where there first and my choices where to adapt or die. I chose life. :)
You're rockin this shirt in town?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I agree with the cat poop theory.
Disturbing and crapping in are quite different. It's awesome to go out in the yard and be greeted by the smell of cat sh!t. We also have a soon to be toddler roaming about, who knows what these cats might have - fleas, diseases, etc. None of which I want her exposed to. These cats will be gone one way or another.
Yep, in the woods.
And yesterday while hitting my dirt jumps after work, there were two wild cats in the woods watching me.
I quickly looked down in my pants and realized my wedding tackle was of a sufficient size and that I did not need to run in the house, get a gun, and shoot them.

BTW, people in the sticks shoot cats. You have a lot of "ass beating" to do

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz

This, with a good sight, is the solution to your issues.

If you're not good with head shots, get it dialed in right, and then fire at the ground near by. Yes, some will be hit with bouncers, but what can you do...

Or do what we did. Let my dogs loose in your yard. It was like Thunderdome in there. 10 kitties enter, none leave.

Kitty buffet! Cat doesn't taste that bad really, ate it in Ghana.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If you have a fenced yard and you don't want a dog just get a bunny

And that right there is why you should never, ever let a donkey and a rabbit get it on. Jesus, that thing is bigger then both of my dogs and the poop I dropped this morning put together.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
you will never kill all of them, once you start trying to shoot them, they will catch on also, if you are using a small enough caliber as to not piss off or endanger your neighbors, you are going to need to do headshots, unless you don't care if they run and die on your neighbors properties im sure you neighbors would love that, try catching some, food is very powerful with animals or try going in person to humane society or police or animal people

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
My grandparents had this problem. They just bought an Australian Shepard.

He had fun for a week or two.

No more cats.

I Love Aussies.

I have some friends who have two named Cisco and Zoe. Sweetest dogs ever. Love going for rides too.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Obviously just someone who can see beyond the end of his nose, to realize that the decision to not kill an inconvenient animal doesn't mean someone is a pussy.
I didn't call anyone a pussy, but we are talking about pussies.

If the cats are bothersome enough to warrant getting rid of them, he might as well just kill them. If you catch 'em and release 'em in the sticks, than someone else is just going to kill them.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
This thread actually has some worth, just to point out, the Humane catching so they can be adopted route..... Most will be Uthanized<SP> anyways. Feral cats IS A PROBLEM, not everywhere, but it can get out of control fast. Cats are considered a wild animal, so animal control dont give a Sh!t

If you want to keep cats out of your yard, My first suggestion would be ...... GET A DOG, train it, and forgetg about it. If you decided to go ahead and kill the cats, dont use poison, your risking secondary poisoning in other animals, mIE your neighbors dogs, your dogs NON ferral cats, list goes on.

NO Pellet guns, no 22lr's either. If you are going to shoot the cats, Go out, and buy a 22 mag, small caliber, controllable round. This is a varmit gun, designed for Cats, Rabbits, squirrel's, Gophers, Weasels, Pigeons, crows, again list goes on.

Linky's
http://www.22ammo.com/22mag_wmr.html

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/firearms/rifles_rimfire&start=0&selectedSKU=0351-01686-0083

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=1168&return=Y

Lots of options for a 22Magnum. Most of the rounds are a jacketted softnose, so it doesnt have to be a headshot, It can be a head or body shot, and it will be quick, not something they will run off and die slowly.

Morbid thing to talk about, but there needs to be some reality added here. Repeat, my first vote is to get a dog, I only listed the 22MAG if you decided you are going to kill them.