Quantcast

Ferarri is getting a bit uppity aren't they.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
oh man I hope ferrari gets burned for this. I thought the lease agreement for the F50 was bad, but like you say, I didn't know they were this uppity.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
As for the limo... just put a badge on it that says, "Limo formerly known as Ferarri" with some gay ass symbol.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
And don't cry over this guy he is getting millions worth of free advertisement. He should write a big thank you letter to Ferrari. Just look at the pictures they guy is smiling like a mad man and you can see the pound signs in his eyes.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
WTF are you talking about? You called him an idiot for calling it a limo? Does it matter if it's a F E R A R R I ?
Of course it matters. It may be a limo in the "dictionary" sense, but in a traditional sense its a stretch Ferrari* and the only thing it has in common with a boring ass regular limo is that it's long and can hold lot's of people.

Think about the tail that thing would attract.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Fact, Its his own car. He has a Legal right to do with it as he please's.

Fact, Even though the vehicle belogs to him, since he is using it for commercial purposes, he did indeed need to have written consent to modify the car, and continue using the name.

Fact, Stretch ferrari, limo, who cares, I think its cool.

Fact, Dude is going to get a bunch of free advertising out of this.

Opinion, Chances are That he will lose and be forced to remove all the badges and not be allowed to refer to the vehicle as a Ferrari. I hope he doesnt lose, but just being realistic. Its not just a hopped up ferrari, he did in fact modify the frame and body to a point it is no longer an actual Ferrari. Just a vehicle that uses a Ferrari Engine and Drivetrain.

It will be fun to follow this story a bit to see what happens, good post.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Fact, Its his own car. He has a Legal right to do with it as he please's.

Fact, Even though the vehicle belogs to him, since he is using it for commercial purposes, he did indeed need to have written consent to midfy the car, and continue using the name.

Fact, Stretch ferrari, limo, who cares, I think its cool.

Fact, Dude is going to get a bunch of free advertising out of this.

Opinion, Chances are That he will lose and be forced to remove all the badges and not be allowed to refer to the vehicle as a Ferrari. I hope he doesnt lose, but just being realistic. Its not just a hopped up ferrari, he did in fact modify the frame and body to a point it is no longer an actual Ferrari. Just a vehicle that uses a Ferrari Engine and Drivetrain.

It will be fun to follow this story a bit to see what happens, good post.
Excellent post.

Fact: Sherpa's bored to the point of trying to find humor in being a tool. It's okay, we've all done it, but that was a series of stupid posts.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Of course it matters. It may be a limo in the "dictionary" sense, but in a traditional sense its a stretch Ferrari* and the only thing it has in common with a boring ass regular limo is that it's long and can hold lot's of people.

Think about the tail that thing would attract.
Definition, limousine

A limousine (or limo) is a longer luxury car. The chassis may have been extended by the manufacturer or by an independent coach builder, traditionally black or white in color (other colors, however, have also been used for limousines, such as pink, magenta, or blue). Limousines are most commonly driven by chauffeurs and until the mid-1990s were most often associated with the wealthy. In Los Angelease it is well known as a "Stretch".
While some limousines are owned by individuals, many are owned by governments to transport senior politicians, by large companies to transport executives, or by broadcasters to transport guests[citation needed]. Most limousines, however, operate as livery vehicles, providing upmarket competition to taxicabs.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Definition, limousine

A limousine (or limo) is a longer luxury car. The chassis may have been extended by the manufacturer or by an independent coach builder, traditionally black or white in color (other colors, however, have also been used for limousines, such as pink, magenta, or blue). Limousines are most commonly driven by chauffeurs and until the mid-1990s were most often associated with the wealthy. In Los Angelease it is well known as a "Stretch".
While some limousines are owned by individuals, many are owned by governments to transport senior politicians, by large companies to transport executives, or by broadcasters to transport guests[citation needed]. Most limousines, however, operate as livery vehicles, providing upmarket competition to taxicabs.
It may be a limo in the "dictionary" sense, but in a traditional sense its a stretch Ferrari*
K Thnks LOL

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
practical? meh not really. But the fact that he could do it because he can is bad ass. Chopping a ferrari in half and adding seating for 8 people while only adding 160 kgs, also bad ass. Using the help from a mclaren employee to complete it, bad ass.

Where is the tragedy in this? The 360 is the most overrated exotic car ever.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
practical? meh not really. But the fact that he could do it because he can is bad ass. Chopping a ferrari in half and adding seating for 8 people while only adding 160 kgs, also bad ass. Using the help from a mclaren employee to complete it, bad ass.

Where is the tragedy in this? The 360 is the most overrated exotic car ever.
Yeah I think everyone will agree the guy did a great job with the work. I just see that Ferrari wants to protect there specific Image as a Hi end, Elite vehicle manufature.

Oh And I would be willing to bet that if the guy who helped was a current employee when they diod this, he is no longer an employee. And if he was a former employee, he is also going to be sued for violation of trade secrets. I forget what teh term is for that, but thats what it translates to.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The dude clearly needs a huge neon sign on the side that declares "Powered by Ferrari!" like the guys with the Honda Civics do.

Problem solved. Ferrari would be begging him to put the badges back on...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I think if he marketing it as a stretch Ferrari and making money off their name then they have a legitimate complaint...if not then it's his property he should be able to do what he wants with it...D

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
I think if he marketing it as a stretch Ferrari and making money off their name then they have a legitimate complaint...if not then it's his property he should be able to do what he wants with it...D
you just have to wonder if he told ferrari that he was gonna do that...i bet if he did they wouldn't have sold him the car.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
you just have to wonder if he told ferrari that he was gonna do that...i bet if he did they wouldn't have sold him the car.
If you'd bothered to read the article, you'd know that he bought it used, and that he claims he contacted Ferarri, and got their permission.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
That is the bottomline and nothing else needs to be said.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I agree with Ferarri - their cars are considered to be works of art - the entire vehicle stands as a trademark. Its not like Jaguar, Ford & Volvo - mix and match branding distinguished solely by what ever badge happens to get stuck on it.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I think it's a selfish move by Ferrari. He bought the car and he can do whatever he wants with it. Anyways, it's still a Ferrari, just with 9.5' added to it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I think it's a selfish move by Ferrari. He bought the car and he can do whatever he wants with it. Anyways, it's still a Ferrari, just with 9.5' added to it.
A business is marketing a resource under someone else's brand. What don't you understand?

That's like me fockin your mom and claiming it was your sister.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can see a problem if he calls it a Ferrari stretched limo, but if he calls it a stretched Ferrari he is just describing fact and not implying it was built by Ferrari.