Quantcast

Fernie

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Fernie Alpine Resort was off the hook this year. They are a mini-Whistler.

Did anyone make it to Fernie?

By the end of the summer, the new trails were awesome. Props to a smaller ski resort for stepping it up.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Kanter said:
Fernie Alpine Resort was off the hook this year. They are a mini-Whistler.

Did anyone make it to Fernie?

By the end of the summer, the new trails were awesome. Props to a smaller ski resort for stepping it up.
I wanted to get up there a bunch, but only made it up to the resort twice in the same weekend.

I'll have to try and get out there (along with everywhere else!) a bit more next year. I don't find the trails that challenging, but they're dayum fun!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
How's the riding in the Whitefish area? Good enough to make a 3 day, 3 night trip worthwhile? Lift access, shuttleable, or pushing/pedal?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Whitefish has some great riding. Shuttles, FR, DH, and push pedals. Two days might be enough. If you need a place to stay I might be able to set ya up.

Fernie is 1.5 hours from Whitefish.

Fernie Resort isn't that challenging. Bin Loggin, Kodiak Carnage, Rock Star, and Trail Thief are the best trails and the most difficult.

The second high speed chair is better than the slow one.

Bin Loggin is like A-line in Whistler but with bigger jumps and shorter. Trail Theif and the DH course are the hardest trails. Trail Theif probably has the edge on techy sections.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Kanter said:
Whitefish has some great riding. Shuttles, FR, DH, and push pedals. Two days might be enough. If you need a place to stay I might be able to set ya up.
That's cool. I'd imagine that we'd just camp somewhere - as long as we had good directions or a guide to the trails we'd be pretty happy. We tend to drink a lot of beer so we probably need at least 3 days. :D

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Let me know when. Ill show you some sweet trails. Check out the Freeride forum and check out 100 Foot Skinny. I posted some pics of a local trail.