Quantcast

Fests...doya?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Rockofullrs Sea Otter thread and some ads in a print mag have me thinking about MTB fests and stuff. Havent been to one in years (I think since I lived in Alaska...) and have been thinking about attending one. Problem is, I am kind of crowd averse, both at events and on the trail. So recommend me a cool one, if such a thing exists...and in the best Monkey style, I fully appreciate your idiotic, dated and crass commentary...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Or just wander Pisgah solo and stop to talk to the two other people you run into in seven hours of gravel n'gnar. Now that's a proper mountain bike festival for the crowd adverse. Don't forget the snacks and a map.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've heard Dirt Fest is rad, never been.

Wydaho Rendezvous is pretty nifty, not super overcrowded compared to a standard Front Range Saturday.

Montana Monkeyfest seems like a worthy time.

I always (except a couple of years) go to Yeti Tribe Gathering... mostly for the riding and the beer and the fun times. And the beer. And because a lot of my friends go. And the planned stupidity. And the beer.

Cannot comment on Fruita Fat Tire Fest but it also happens. I think I'd just as well go to Mike the Headless Chicken Festival and ride bikes without so many people.

FIBArk (while not a bikey thing) is pretty rad.

Unless you consider the P2P a festival. Which it kinda is.
Your ideas intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I am a crowd averse, introvert who has a hard time making friends or socializing freely. The thought of going to a fest is like my worst nightmare. Not that I wouldn't enjoy the activities, but that's a pretty big hurdle to get over.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I am going to a Moots thing in Steamboat Springs in June...they limit the amount of attendees so it should be fairly cool for us crowd averse types. Also going to check out new areas to lay tracks...