Quantcast

Few new parts on the STP

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
She's a looker that's for sure.

I'm sure you've tried or thought about it at least already but some tweaking of ratios or a half link chain to eliminate the tensioner would make it look a bit cleaner and nicer.

I also think that set back posts with a slammed seat look a bit odd, but ride comfort definitely comes before looks.

Sweet ride!

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Yea, I ran without a tensioner for a while with a half-link chain and a 32/16 ratio. But its a lil too easy for me, the track I race at with it, Im spun out just a few cranks out of the gate, and I cant get enough speed for the 1st triple at the end of the 1st straight. So I run a 32/15 right now with a 1/2 link. And it feels great, trust me I hate the tensioner too. Next frame will definately have horiz dropouts.

Those trails are in South County St. Louis Missouri. The pic doesnt do them justice at all. I'll see if I can find some good pics of them later.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
IDK what you mean by tired, but I ride dirt with it 2 days a week, and race BMX with it once a week or so. So it gets ridden, this aint no show queen bike for sure.

These pics were taken AFTER a full day of riding dusty trails.
But most of the parts are fairly new.