Quantcast

Few Riding Shots From Today

Matteo

Chimp
Mar 17, 2006
Kirkland, Washington
I went out with my girlfriend today to try out the new flash I just picked up. As soon as we got there it started snowing pretty hard so we only ended up getting a few shots. This is the first time I have ever worked with a flash so I think the results are pretty good. My girlfriend snapped all the photos and that is me riding. Let me know what you all think.

Matteo

Chimp
Mar 17, 2006
Kirkland, Washington
Yeah the pictures were taken at St Ed's last night. I know the trail system is kinda boring but it's so close to my house it was perfect for testing out my new equipment. I used a Nikon D70 with an SB-600 set up on a tripod to the left of the photos.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
The flash firing against the falling snow looks great. I dig them all, though it seems photo 3 is a bit deep in contrast and saturation. On the last photo, did you point the flash at the rider(you), or did you position it toward the inside foliage and snow and use the light reflection to illuminate the scene?

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
Those pictures are real good with the flash. Its hard to get the perfect lighting using a flash.

D70 is a great camera. I use a D20 and would own a d70 as back up! :) you get shots taken of you on a D200? I didnt get that statement...
My brother takes pictures of me with his D200.

This is a picture from this summer at Lake Tahoe. Its a low-res version.

Matteo

Chimp
Mar 17, 2006
Kirkland, Washington
The flash firing against the falling snow looks great. I dig them all, though it seems photo 3 is a bit deep in contrast and saturation. On the last photo, did you point the flash at the rider(you), or did you position it toward the inside foliage and snow and use the light reflection to illuminate the scene?
For the last photo the flash was positioned to fire directly at me but my girlfriend snapped the shot a little too early so the light is a little bit off. On the third one I put it in photoshop and started messing with the contrast and saturation quite a bit just for fun. By itself the photo looks ok but compared to the other ones you can tell the colors are way off. Anyway thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.