Quantcast

Few Shots from SouthRidge Race 1

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
damn i bet it's nice to be able to afford a trip out west for the sole purpose of spending MORE money and furthering your racing career.

sick shots! yuroshek, you coming to Snowshoe this season any? you'll be able to race Pro there no doubt. the more competition the merrier, hope to see you there.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
damn i bet it's nice to be able to afford a trip out west for the sole purpose of spending MORE money and furthering your racing career.

sick shots! yuroshek, you coming to Snowshoe this season any? you'll be able to race Pro there no doubt. the more competition the merrier, hope to see you there.
He will be a a few Showshoe races this Year and racing Pro.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i figured that...i failed to read apparently. i thought it said ballistic gravity shorts. haha what a idiot.

you guys have a big team huh?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I like the wall, its there for a reason. training. it helps push you and get stronger for the "real" race season I feel. stop crying and start training.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
fourteen currently, we picked up two new guys over the weekend, we need to get there jerseys printed up
WOW! your becoming TEAM Wal-Mart! Theres going to be atleast 3 ballistic gravity racers on all suburban area corners for your conveinance! 1 supersize racer per town. :thumb:
D Its quality not quantity on team! :D
Dont take it too seriousley D Im messing with you, I do think 16 racers is becoming like the path team! Too many of them.

Last edited:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I like the wall, its there for a reason. training. it helps push you and get stronger for the "real" race season I feel. stop crying and start training.
i've been racing there for the last 10 yrs so if i was cryin i'd stopped racing there yrs ago. training? more power to u real racerz :)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
geez. how many people puke there then?
This is why people complain about the wall its a long flat run that is against a stucco fence with houses on one side and a 15-20' hill on right and the wind races through there like a wind tunnel. Now its not the puking that gets you, its the dust that you inhale really hard and have a rasp voice as well as a scratchy throat for a fair bit afterwards.
Thats where the XC guys make time cause god knows they arent making it up in the rocks and corners! The wall is infamous as in it will make you or brake you!!! They took the wall out 1 race and I ran accross the finish line through the last jont before a rock garden and through it with my bike on my shoulders with the chain and der stuck in the rear wheel and still was only 4-5 seconds off 2nd and 7 off 1st. most of the time on podium and thats with the wall and battling the xc guys! The wall SUCKS!
Take the wall out and the standings will change dramatically from expert on down to beginner, pros are obviousley in really good shape most of the time with good training and cardio.

Theres alot of people that take it ewasy up top and pedal the crap out of the wall and fire road. Usually the same people that race the xc stuff and super D the day before.

I say eliminate the wall add some drops and tech gnar and it'll be fair. It will definently make some of the riders rethink how good they really are! :thumb:

Best race there is when I had the chain suck into the back wheel, a rock section that was all or nothing and damn it was fun, pin it and RAIL it HARD! Just react as you go into it full speed. Unfortunently that wont ever be added again as its the section in the bmc productiuon pinned or whatever its ws called a video that came out recently. Man people were all over those rocks like lizards trying to warm in the sun all sprawled out! :D I laughed my @$$ off it was great. First gnar section and they all hovered over it trying to find a line vs. just get in there and get out!

Jon Kranked has raced it, hes aware of the wall!

Man what a good race.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
This lat race I dropped a 2.45. its not that big, there is a fair amount of pedalling involved. Usually pretty flowy, sometimes tere are more rock sections than other times. Sometimes you have to sprint the wall, sometimes you dont.

Travis, quit blaming the wall for missing the podium, If I can get off the seat and spin out the 11 tooth, you can too Mr I have a Canfeild Jedi the best pedalling bike ever!!!

Oh yeah, Al is sitting right in front of me again for take off, I caught him out of the lower rocks this past race, He was trying not to puke

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Travis, quit blaming the wall for missing the podium, If I can get off the seat and spin out the 11 tooth, you can too Mr I have a Canfeild Jedi the best pedalling bike ever!!!
What are you talking about I was 3 rd over all in sport and never pedalled the wall once. When I got the jedi I got 1st thats why Im moving to expert at sea otter and nationals!
You just moved to sport Dustin, and I know without pedaling the wall my times are good! Not to mention I stayed in the younger class which was faster than my age group!
Lets take it to Angel fire, NM or deer valley, UT possibly Tamarack, schweitezer or Brundige Idaho, bootleg NV, tunnel Knapps or cold springs and see where the times fall! :thumb:

I hold my own and the gnarlier it is the faster I am!
The Wall sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That's why you let go of the bars when you crash....

The mountain isn't that big. Couple hundred feet at most. Middle of LA more or less. They rarely run any of the "hard" courses anymore, and you are then stuck with that wall BS.

They need to bed in some slower nastier tech lines to make the times longer and do away with that wall section altogether. It's supposed to be a DH race, not half a DH race then a flat sprint for half your run. The coolest event I ever did out there was a collegiate a long time ago that used the old pro course and ended at the road.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
no its not the middle of LA. More like Riverside, almost San Bernadino. Its 2 hours from where I lived, which was on the beach in the South Bay.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I could also drive two hours to the other end of the 405 and still be in LA.