Quantcast

few tire ?'s

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i am not sure, are the knobs on the side of the tire, ment for bite on turns, and cornering? If so then what tire would be the best for the rear, at keeping tracktion around hard turns at speed? thank you for yuor help. I am thinking the high rollers, but some michelines like comp 24 looks nice too.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Don't worry about your rear for cornering. Get a good front tire, load it up...the rear will follow. Rear tires are designed for braking and acceleration, front for cornering.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
thanks, so would the high roller still be good as a rear or go with a micheline, or minion R

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Adam Novatt said:
thanks, so would the high roller still be good as a rear or go with a micheline, or minion R
Michy 24.1 is good as a rear tire. Minion Rears just suck flat out, I prefer Minion Fronts on the rear more.

Look into Kenda. You will dig them in Santa Barbara terrain.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
That all depends on how heavy you are on your front end. If you tend to lean hard on the front in a turn any tire will break loose you just have to learn to control the slide. I like the minion f sr on the front and highroller on the rear. Mobsters are also ok on the rear but find them horrible on the front.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh one you shouldnt be slidding around corners, and two a tire that wont slide under braking is any tire if you know what your doing. to not slide is all controlled with braking preassure. yes tires help get the bit but if your slidding that means that you have lost traction and have no more braking bite so no tire is going to help you there. i personally like the minion r just because the braking and cornering nobs are huge and i like my rear end to be solid when i put on the brakes and sling the bike into a hard corner. just my opinion, and ive also heard that running the minion f in the rear is an awsome combo too. so either way you go the minions are badass.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
im basically looking for a tire for the rear with the bigest gripiest side knobs out, im think it is either between the high rollers or the kenda nevagal.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
really i ahve then now and they just arn't doing it for me, maybe it is because i have 60comp instead of the 42stick-E

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
couldnt have said it better myself transend. you can drop as much money on tires as you wont but you need to learn better braking technique before your gonna notice a difference in tires.