Quantcast

FFF Ride da yyy

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Damnit, muchachos, I think I have a severely sprained or even broken wrist. I didn’t wipe out, put my hand out, nothing, just riding hard. The pisser is that I was supposed to do three Endorko events the next three Saturdays, and I probably have to scratch. Hope I can get my entries deferred or whatever.
Can you hold an empty dinner plate with that hand ? Could be tendinitis which is way worse than a break as it takes about a year to heal completely whereas a break heals in about six weeks. Sucks to hear that, I truly do hope it’s just broken. Good luck dude.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Funny, that is exactly the kind of pain it is, as tested with a dinner plate.
I actually injured it about a year ago when a friend accidentally kicked my handlebar while goofing around after some pass laps. But it hasn’t hurt since this last winter.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Trailer rental for tomorrow morning set. Truck borrowed from friend. 3 cubic yards of mulch and 1.5 cubic yards of soil to be unloaded tomorrow in front of the house. Then the soil is to be tilled into existing beds in preparation for next weekend's planting. Oh boy is tomorrow evening gonna hurt. But Wifey got me a deep tissue massage scheduled for Sunday am, so that should help.

Also, tacos for dinner tonight.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Funny, that is exactly the kind of pain it is, as tested with a dinner plate.
I actually injured it about a year ago when a friend accidentally kicked my handlebar while goofing around after some pass laps. But it hasn’t hurt since this last winter.
Okay, go to a medical supply shop (not a drugstore ) and get a quality wrist brace. It will be the same one an Orthopedist will give you. Wear it while you sleep. It’s important that it’s immobilized so it can rest.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damnit, muchachos, I think I have a severely sprained or even broken wrist. I didn’t wipe out, put my hand out, nothing, just riding hard. The pisser is that I was supposed to do three Endorko events the next three Saturdays, and I probably have to scratch. Hope I can get my entries deferred or whatever.

Who you calling muchacho, hombre?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Nothing quite like the feeling of turning on your 'Out of Office' email. @jstuhlman What are your favorite trails at Snowshoe?
hellz yeah! i usually stay on the western side. ninja bob to whatever off to the right, or full pro dh or pro dh/linkin log or just hareball to the right. i prefer janky/rough to jumpy trails like skyline. have wanted to try rooty pebbles on the basin side but it's been closed when i've been there. some of the basin side lettered trails are ok but hard to maintain speed on and sketch in the wet.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Can’t rotate the mounting tabs into place to attach to the frame because the receiver hits the ground. Not much clearance between the two exhaust pipes and bumper. Plus the thing is heavy and awkward.
You don't have ramps or the like?

These days I'm all about paying the hitch place $135 to install hitches instead of wrangling awkward metal above my head while slid under the car, though, so I sympathize.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Can’t rotate the mounting tabs into place to attach to the frame because the receiver hits the ground. Not much clearance between the two exhaust pipes and bumper. Plus the thing is heavy and awkward.
You don't have ramps or the like?

These days I'm all about paying the hitch place $135 to install hitches instead of wrangling awkward metal above my head while slid under the car, though, so I sympathize.
A rolling floor jack is your friend. Lift car on stands/ramps. Ballance hitch on floor jack, adjust height as needed.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
hellz yeah! i usually stay on the western side. ninja bob to whatever off to the right, or full pro dh or pro dh/linkin log or just hareball to the right. i prefer janky/rough to jumpy trails like skyline. have wanted to try rooty pebbles on the basin side but it's been closed when i've been there. some of the basin side lettered trails are ok but hard to maintain speed on and sketch in the wet.
Awesome. I’ll check these out ASAP!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
that's our midway overnight stop at Jump Rope stables in Ogallala when we drive from Livermore Ca to Lexington KY for the National Dressage finals. There is no there, there. Although I really did want to hang out and fish the Platte River while wondering what it looked like when Lewis and Clark came through
Somewhere in middle America.

20220819_125712~2.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
1660959371817.png

Partial patellar ligament tear (reattached) and some abrasion/slight fracturing to patella.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The heat is propane, in the sticks and no natural gas lines. They dry on the cob at 95 freedom units. Dry from 38% moisture to 12%.
Nice - All the hop farms around here have giant kilns that dry the hop flowers down. They used to all run diesel burners but most farms have converted over to propane. If you ever end up in Central WA, hit me up and we can rally around farm land checking stuff out!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Is that follow up work to that freak mtb accident a few weeks ago?
Yes, it's not so swollen anymore, but PT is slow. Minor victory today is being able to shower without the brace on. Has to stay on for sleeping.