Quantcast

FICO/ credit rating question....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
long story short, i got a notice of insufficient funds a couple days ago (school withdrew $75 from my empty savings account rather than my full checking account). i'm working on getting my FICO score into at least the 770s before I try to get my next apartment (few months or so...right now i'm 750).

will that little screw up hurt my credit score?

J

JRB

It should not, but you should not have empty accounts listed. If your bank made the mistake, make them refund the NSF fees. My credit union refuses to put deposits to the specified savings account. I always have to transfer it later. Irritating, but I have come to expect it.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
No it will not affect your FICO score, unless your bank reported the statusof balance at that very moment (which is unlikely).

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i was always under the assumption that (in TX, at least), credit score was considered when applying for an apartment.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
the Inbred said:
i was always under the assumption that (in TX, at least), credit score was considered when applying for an apartment.
I dont know about texas but anything over 700 is usually considered good in California. Hell im working with a client right now who owns a home and his Fico is below 550....well below.

Texas does have some funky real estate rules/laws from what I understand.

One thing that can help your score if you havent done it yet and I suggest this to everybody regardless of benefit is to register at optoutprescreen.com This will take your name off of the prequalified junk mailers you get from credit card companies and the like. You can always opt back on later if you really like the excessive mail. It is usually good for 7 to 15 points in my experience.