Quantcast

*** FiF GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Early wake up from small child. Guess I can work on getting my work done earlier today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee then off to work I go. Effing dialysis xmas schedule. they are closed on Wednesday so all the clients get moved around as they can't go more that two days without treatment. We have a full load of transports on Sunday

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last day in the office for two weeks for me today. Just have to do some remote stuff over the holidays.

Looked at the weather today and its supposed to be around 70 degrees in Brevard on Tuesday. Hopefully yall down there can take advantage!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
5 of 5 human occupants of the house slept all night.

Getting a coronary artery calcium score CT this afternoon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dealing with the emotional trauma of unplugging my phone(s) this morning. Hopefully I can work through it before the realization and impending dread of having to plug them in again tonight.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last office day of '19, wow. Missed out on the Norco of LilMan and I am not ready to drop $200+ for a used We The People. Looks like I have a few months before his birthday to score a sweet whip.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Coffee Shop Observations.
1. People will show up with a fresh Starbucks cup, and order food. Sign about “no outside food or drink” clearly needs new batteries.
2. People order food “to go” but sit at a table and unwrap and eat everything they ordered. Guess plates aren’t their thing.
3. Moms pushing giant strollers which barely fit through the door. It’s a two person job to hold the door and push the baby out. Usually the kindness of strangers raises its head.
4. Minimal fucks given about bringing in dogs of any size or energy or obedience level. There was a “no dogs allowed sign” but it clearly didn’t matter.
5. Insanely loud phone notifications or laptop volume levels. Thanks for sharing the sound of your freemium prizes.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Coffee Shop Observations.
1. People will show up with a fresh Starbucks cup, and order food. Sign about “no outside food or drink” clearly needs new batteries.
2. People order food “to go” but sit at a table and unwrap and eat everything they ordered. Guess plates aren’t their thing.
3. Moms pushing giant strollers which barely fit through the door. It’s a two person job to hold the door and push the baby out. Usually the kindness of strangers raises its head.
4. Minimal fucks given about bringing in dogs of any size or energy or obedience level. There was a “no dogs allowed sign” but it clearly didn’t matter.
5. Insanely loud phone notifications or laptop volume levels. Thanks for sharing the sound of your freemium prizes.
barf

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Feedback from yesterday was "positive" according to the internal recruiter. She said there would be a lull during the holidays but should know more after new year. Also boss said he's requested funds for February, so there is that.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Humans gonna human.

Yesterday, I ordered a breakfast sandwich with turkey on an everything bagel. Guy after me ordered same sandwich but with ham. He got his first, which seemed odd, but I could see it was on a sesame bagel, so I figured no big deal. Then they brought my sandwich out on a plain bagel... with ham. Turns out that it was his order, and he didn’t even notice the plain bagel had sesame seeds on it, or turkey in it. Lord knows where my everything bagel ended up, but I was fine to consume his order, just to keep the shop from wasting a fine sandwich.
How did that guy not notice the different bagel?!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I'm working at Whole Foods so my car can charge for free because I drained it so much this week.
I just got a pop up on my phone that my charging was interrupted so I went out to check on it and there's a guy in a giant Chevy brodozer backing into the second spot for charging. Like real slow, making sure that he gets as close the charger and my door as possible. As soon as I checked the charger and made eye contact, he just bug-eyed and took off like a bat out of hell.

WTF is wrong with people?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So I'm working at Whole Foods so my car can charge for free because I drained it so much this week.
I just got a pop up on my phone that my charging was interrupted so I went out to check on it and there's a guy in a giant Chevy brodozer backing into the second spot for charging. Like real slow, making sure that he gets as close the charger and my door as possible. As soon as I checked the charger and made eye contact, he just bug-eyed and took off like a bat out of hell.

Dicks gonna be dicks.

Why does your car stop charging if someone backs up next to it?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

He wasn't going to use the charger, he was going to break into your car and steal yo shit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have what appears to be an infected fingernail that is has not improved for several days. And of course there is zero time to seek professional medical treatment. So I must beseech the great monkey tribe as what to do. And no @Toshi I have not had an MRI...