Quantcast

$$ Fifth of cholla $$

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Le work. Glad its friday.

Do I drive to another building, that is in the city, to complete a task? Or do I just stay where I am and get home early?

Hmmm, I think I'll just go there on Monday.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fucking fireworks had one of my dogs terrified. I had dosed all four with a 1/2 tab of acepromazine at 6pm. One little guy was so terrified that I had to give him a full tab extra before he stopped freaking out. shit went on until midnight.

Ambulance shift today but first I shall sip and enjoy my espresso

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

a pleasant ride in this morning but for dodging all the litter in the parking lot by the light rail from the illegal fireworks crew. fireworks residua/boxes and the usual cans and bottles. bunch of asshats they are, yes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Appointment with the Ortho surgeon today to come up with a plan or something. I am hoping they can get it done soon, but Lil Mans birthday party is the 27th and I don't want to be on crutches, so it might have to wait until after.

Abbey has been medicated for 2 days now and walkies this morning took a minute, wow.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Morning Monkeys.

Appointment with the Ortho surgeon today to come up with a plan or something. I am hoping they can get it done soon, but Lil Mans birthday party is the 27th and I don't want to be on crutches, so it might have to wait until after.

Abbey has been medicated for 2 days now and walkies this morning took a minute, wow.
IMG_2708.jpeg

I believe you first posted this.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hoo dang, I feel a bit… crispy after that ride yesterday. I did not bring enough to eat or eat the right stuff for that big of an effort, at least for most of the ride. Thankfully there was an informal aid station about 40 miles in that had grilled cheese, pizza, salty snacks, and pickle juice. That shit saved my life.

IMG_0022.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. 4th was good. Wife's family wound up not spending the night. Maybe a little thankful for that.

Smoker worked out well, even if the shoulder wasn't done until 1am. :think: lessons learned, next time will start the night before. Thankfully had plenty of other food to serve.

Did some fireworks for the kids, just fountains tho.

Not much on tap today, clean up a few dishes, hoping to get out for a road ride.

PXL_20240704_181644107.jpg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Present. 4th was good. Wife's family wound up not spending the night. Maybe a little thankful for that.

Smoker worked out well, even if the shoulder wasn't done until 1am. :think: lessons learned, next time will start the night before. Thankfully had plenty of other food to serve.

Not much on tap today, clean up a few dishes, hoping to get out for a road ride.

View attachment 214455
How many hours on the shoulder? Doesn’t look excessively large.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hi Monkeys.
It's barbacoa torta Friday.

View attachment 214453
I'd eat that. :drool:

View attachment 214455
That's a big-assed shoulder. :thumb:

Jun 24, 2024
JTown

View attachment 214455
Looks amazing :drool:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello!

did fireworks at the next town over. Anxiety flared as I realized they were having everybody park and shuttle in from exactly the same office park, with one way in and one way out. Not my cup of tea to be stuck in the same place for hours on end with nowhere to go. Fortunately the fireworks were unexpectedly set off like 20ft from where we were sitting so the kids wanted to bail out pretty quick. I was OK with that. We managed to get out before most people but it was a bit of a scary event.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Hoo dang, I feel a bit… crispy after that ride yesterday. I did not bring enough to eat or eat the right stuff for that big of an effort, at least for most of the ride. Thankfully there was an informal aid station about 40 miles in that had grilled cheese, pizza, salty snacks, and pickle juice. That shit saved my life.

View attachment 214454
That ride looked pretty gosh darn neat. Do they do that every 4th?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Who is the oldest codger that rode it this year?
Maybe this dude named Paul? He’s a bit of a local legend, grew up here riding BMX bikes on all the old pirate trails that are now legit, and the Paulie trail is named for him. Pretty sure he’s in his 60s, and was up all night at the hospital because his daughter giving birth to his first grandkid. Don (who’s 80) hasn’t ridden in a couple years, and was hit by a car last summer and shattered his pelvis.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning Monkeys.

Wait, what ?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ftfy, thanks @Toshi

Sounds like early August. She said it was a quick procedure, so getting it into the schedule is easy. Recovery shouldn't be terrible.
I'd get another opinion. repair is a much better procedure than resection/meniscectomy if it's possible, with regard to the long term outcomes...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd get another opinion. repair is a much better procedure than resection/meniscectomy if it's possible, with regard to the long term outcomes...
There is a piece getting caught and not really any way to repair it from what I understand. The idea is to get that piece out of there.