Quantcast

File Sharing

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
So that's why I haven't been able to connect on Winmx for the last week? Damn! I'm interested too, something that doesn't kill my computer with spyware.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
i mainly use bit torrent to get my downloads. Bit tornado has been my favorite thing to get them. uses the least amt of resources of any of the programs ive tried. Bearshare is the other main thing i use besides bit torrent.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
bluebug32 said:
what is a bit torrent client?

I've used Kazaa lite for a long time now with no problems at all
Is Kazaa Lite still available on the internet? We used to have it but lost it in a harddrive reload and I couldn't find it on the internet afterwards. Always had great results with that.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
COmtbiker12 said:
Is Kazaa Lite still available on the internet? We used to have it but lost it in a harddrive reload and I couldn't find it on the internet afterwards. Always had great results with that.
pm me your email address. It was still available on the internet like a year ago which was the last time i checked but you had to pay to get it. I have the .exe file for it still from when it was free though.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bluebug32 said:
what is a bit torrent client?

I've used Kazaa lite for a long time now with no problems at all
Bit torrents are way better than Kazaa. You can download whole albums instead of just individual songs. (of course, I know you will only be downloading un-copywrighted stuff ;))

Torrent Files are stored on other peoples computers, and then "seeded." whatever your client is, finds those seeds, and downloads little bits of them from differnt souces.

To sum it up, its quicker and better :)

Here is a place to get you started http://www.bittorrent.com/

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
sign up for freebiedrop.com.. the place is awesome.. all music catagorized... everything i ever wanted and thensome. let me know what you think

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Bearshare is da bomb, HOWEVER!!, it installs spy-ware, namely, whenu.

If you don't mind having your browser hijacked or browser degradation, bearshare is the way to go.

On the plus side, best songs, more selection, reliable files.....

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
BigMike said:
Bit torrents are way better than Kazaa. You can download whole albums instead of just individual songs. (of course, I know you will only be downloading un-copywrighted stuff ;))

Torrent Files are stored on other peoples computers, and then "seeded." whatever your client is, finds those seeds, and downloads little bits of them from differnt souces.

To sum it up, its quicker and better :)

Here is a place to get you started http://www.bittorrent.com/
Thanks! I'll have to check this out. I've never had much luck with limewire or bearshare.