Quantcast

File Size Too Large With Image Uploader From Phone?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Is there a way to resize the pics in this forum? I downloaded an image resize app, but when I click on the icon to add a picture, it only finds the full size images to upload. Any tips?
try it nao?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
On my iPhone it lets me pick a size when I upload. Not so for my iPad and apparently your Android.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is there a way to resize the pics in this forum? I downloaded an image resize app, but when I click on the icon to add a picture, it only finds the full size images to upload. Any tips?
try it nao?

Would be nice to have it upload to the media page then just link it in the post.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
try it nao?
The image resize app I use sticks the resized images in a dedicated folder, in my case called "resized_images" - perhaps the app you're using is doing something similar?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have "Photo and Picture Resizer" on my droid mobile for this purpose. Then I just pick the newest photo from gallery post resize to upload.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
im Stuck with this Android. I can’t seem to find another folder besides the ‘normal’ one where the images live.
but I’m a dumbass.
anytime i have taken a pic that is too big to upload i open it in gallery....screenshot it....crop the black border off top and bottom and repost....works 100 percent of the time...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My neanderthal brain just texts the pic to myself - the text app automatically resizes the pic for the message and then I click and save the pic in a dedicated folder.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A workaround I've discovered is to post the thumbnail of the image, then edit the post to replace the thumbnail with the full size image.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just type in the [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] tags manually around the image url, without the extra spaces.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I almost always type the codes. Quicker to avoid transitions between mouse and keyboard. Same philosophy when working, which is why I’m a radiologist who types and uses extensive keyboard shortcuts vs the usual practice of using a dictaphone and (poorly) self-editing.