Quantcast

Filip Polc wins Descida das Escadas de Santos in Brazil

Polc wins another urban DH race in South America this time in Brazil. I watched this yesterday on globo(main Brazilian channel). They had a good hour of coverage. Polc won and Mick Hannah took second. Brendan Fairclough was there as well but he did not make it to the final five guys. If I remember correctly they said he was taken on Friday to the hospital because of the heat, which I would not doubt since it is crazy hot down there at the moment(just in time for Carnival:thumb:). The TV commentators were like "Mick looks like someone famous"....oh yeah Stiffler from the American Pie! So after that it was Stiffler and Sic Mic who just lost to the Polcster...but it was cool to see downhill bikes on TV.

Men top 5

1.Filip Polc
2.Mick Hannah
3.Wallace Miranda
4.Doron Cattoni
5.Markolf Berchtold

In the women Melissa Buhl was there and took 2nd to Luana de Oliveira.

Here is a link to a little video from the news last night.

Globo Vídeos - VIDEO - Ciclista eslovaco vence a Descida das Escadas de Santos@@AMEPARAM@@midiaId=1206618&autoStart@@AMEPARAM@@1206618

and a link to a Brazilian dh website with some photos and qualifying from Friday.

http://www.dhbrasil.com.br/v3/arquivo/materia/001701-001800/1775/1775.html

Last edited:

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
And Filip is on his way to race the urban race in Chile in a few weeks. I'll be there to report on whether or not he continues his fake-boobed podium chick streak. :)

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
And Filip is on his way to race the urban race in Chile in a few weeks. I'll be there to report on whether or not he continues his fake-boobed podium chick streak. :)
Yup, the Valparaiso race takes place in less than two weeks, I will be heading down with one rider of our team to take part in the event. It's going to be nice to escape from the cold winter for a few weeks!

Transcend Magazine DH Team

Last edited:

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Congrats for Filip. Just for curiosity, in opposite to hot-time hot-chicks races in Brazil, these are pictures from cold-time hot-chicks snow race in Jasna bike park (SVK) where Filip smoked all other racers and instead of foto session with fake-boobs chicks he's got photo with Scandinavian racer Triinu Laurits. Pictures from bikemagazin.sk.

Being hunted:

Triinu Laurits:

Well, he could enjoy Jagermeister stuff :-):

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Happy to see Filip doing well. Mad run there... especially that 180 corner/bank.

Happy to see Papa Mono (Antonio Leiva) right up there!

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Happy to see Filip doing well. Mad run there... especially that 180 corner/bank.

Happy to see Papa Mono (Antonio Leiva) right up there!
Yeah that jump into the berm was completely ridiculous!!! great vid.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Filip is on the wave. He won another urban DH race in Valparaiso, Chille, by 5.5 sec.
As he mentioned in article, track was much more technical than in Santos and there were several bloody injuries and broken bones. Short video available in article of Bikemagazin.sk. Congrats Filip :thumb:.