Quantcast

film camera

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
a family friend who works a garbage truck saved this for me.

in the camera bag there was a 50mm, a 49mm, and 80-205mm lens. Also got a flash and a few filters. This weekend I am taking picture of my friend Rachel. I was thinking of getting black and white slides and paying extra to have them put onto a digital for me. i wish my school had a dark room

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
a family friend who works a garbage truck saved this for me.

in the camera bag there was a 50mm, a 49mm, and 80-205mm lens. Also got a flash and a few filters. This weekend I am taking picture of my friend Rachel. I was thinking of getting black and white slides and paying extra to have them put onto a digital for me. i wish my school had a dark room
Send the negs up to me and I'll develop and print them for you. We have a very nice dark room.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Lens looks a little hazy/scratched. I would just fvck around with the first roll and make sure the camera is in working condition.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i didnt take that. just a random flickr picture. the camera looks brand new. and yes muffin i will send them to you! I talked to my dad tonight. he says i should get a negative sheet, and then pick what i want printed. Blue how have you been getting your film pictures on the computer?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
i didnt take that. just a random flickr picture. the camera looks brand new. and yes muffin i will send them to you! I talked to my dad tonight. he says i should get a negative sheet, and then pick what i want printed. Blue how have you been getting your film pictures on the computer?
I haven't, but the way to do it is to have the negatives scanned. My workflow with film goes like this:

-Develop negs
-Put in neg sleeve
-Make contact sheet with neg sleeve
-Select from there what to enlarge

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
We have a neg/slide scanner. The thing is a pain in the ass.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
We have a neg/slide scanner. The thing is a pain in the ass.
Give it to me! :banana:

I don't have access to one at school and the local lab wants some ridiculous amount of money to scan decent res (and they take 3 days)...If I had a job I'd buy one off of Amazon.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I haven't, but the way to do it is to have the negatives scanned. My workflow with film goes like this:

-Develop negs
-Put in neg sleeve
-Make contact sheet with neg sleeve
-Select from there what to enlarge
You forget the step that involves stinking of chemicals all day long.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Most one hour processing places can put the images on disc dirt cheap when you have the film developed.

That's what I did before I had a digital camera.

Or best yet don't bother shooting photos at all.

Plenty of other peoples pics can be found in the dumpster.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't know what kind of resolutions you were getting out of the film places, but I have 3-4 CDs from different cheap film places when they were running specials like "free duplicates or a free digital CD" and the resolutions as well as the scan quality were pretty mediocre.

Dunno if that's the same everywhere or just my experience. Only the more expensive disc options gave me good resolutions and good quality scans.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i feel like just developing the negatives and then scanning them onto the computer is missing the point of film photography. although when you don't have access to a dark room i guess it makes sense, unless you have a digital camera, but that's just me.

this reminds me, i need to bring my camera up to school and start taking pictures again. there are so many good photo opportunities up here.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i feel like just developing the negatives and then scanning them onto the computer is missing the point of film photography. although when you don't have access to a dark room i guess it makes sense, unless you have a digital camera, but that's just me.

this reminds me, i need to bring my camera up to school and start taking pictures again. there are so many good photo opportunities up here.
Found some inspiration in Blue's work did ya ?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
yeah, i was SO bummed out when my ex said i couldnt stay with her this weekend. I was going to come up for a long weekend for UVMs open house. Then spend the rest of the time taking pictures and riding my bike.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
sounds like you forgot to press the film release button (or whatever it's called) before you rewound it.

look on the bottom of the camera for a little silver pin that you press in.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
My dad used to take lots of pictures. He was pretty into it for years. He would still be shooting if it wasnt for his poor eyesight. He has so much photo stuff I dont even know about. He just pulled out a light meter for me to use.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
recommendation: take an introductory fine art photography course. I actually took 2 when I was at RIT. We were only allowed to use film, so it was cool. I learned how to really play with depth of field / aperture settings and shutter speed. We also had access to a lot of other cool stuff. I got to shoot medium format and mess around with polaroid transfers.

Also taught me a lot about the history of photo (despite being a non-photo major) and I was fortunate enough to land myself in a course taught by grad students and not a professor, so they were very accommodating for varying skill levels - there were a few of us who had never properly learned to use a manual/SLR camera.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My dad used to take lots of pictures. He was pretty into it for years. He would still be shooting if it wasnt for his poor eyesight. He has so much photo stuff I dont even know about. He just pulled out a light meter for me to use.
Umm...if your father just pulled out a light meter for you to use, you need to do two things:

A) Pick his brain

B) Pick through his equipment

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Dude,

You have a serious source for photographic knowledge. Start picking his brain, but slowly so you can learn what he is telling you. Fully learn to use a light meter. This will help you in ways you cannot see now. Ask your dad if you can go on a photo safari together. Pick his brain about everything. How and why he does what he does.