Quantcast

~~~F'in Friday GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Going to Hartford today, actually near the Hooker Brewery, and monitor sheet pile driving. Last 2 days were warm and sunny. Today is snow and rain. FML.

Kitchen remodel is progressing smoothly, spark chaser is coming in tomorrow to help run some wire and hook them up to the panel. Prolly gonna cost me a 30 pack, seeing he is a NASCAR fan. :D

Be safe out there.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Booking a trip to the states for work. Good thing is that I'll be able to pick up my new fork (Fox 32 FIT RLC 15mm) and bring it home, means I don't have to wait until July. :thumb:

Standard Winter Friday for me.

Innebandy
Sauna/Beer
Eat
Continue to consume beer

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
wErd it be, holmes! Hey, look over there! It's a WAKE THE HELL UP.

Woke up to two inches of snow this morning (that's what she said).

I would like to publicly thank RUFUS for being the only ridemonkey member who wasn't a complete lazy bum this morning and actually took seven seconds to report a spam post. Good job, RUFUS.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys, IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY! Not too much going on this weekend. The wife and I are going to the Amerks game on Saturday night (Rochester's AHL hockey team). Depending on the weather I may try to go skiing on Sunday. I've got a decent size list of things I should work on this weekend but we'll see how many of those actually get done.

Have a good weekend monkeys!

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Good morning all, tried to fire up the jeep to drive to work this morning and it won't idle. Looks like the weekend's project will be replacing the 4yo battery and cleaning the throttle body. Hopefully the air flow and throttle position sensors are alright and I can get it sorted before next week. At least I get to ride the bike in to the train, should be fun in the snow/rain this afternoon.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Last official day of vacation :( We were supposed to get 3-6" of snow, but woke to barely a dusting. It's snowing out now, but I highly doubt it's going to amount to anything. Syd was bummed as we had planned on having a snowman building contest and snowball fight followed by hot cocoa, but we'll make due with a game day instead.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning everyone! I've spent the past few days doing a flurry of shopping for clothes and gear in anticipation of my trip to Nepal/Everest. My wallet is beginning to hate me. Only a few more things to go, and I'm damn glad there are sales on the horizon so I can use some of these gift cards.

More of the same this weekend, started laying out all the stuff to pack. Putting in a bundle of overtime at work to try and leave things in a solid position while I'm gone.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Had an drink last night, then an friend bought me an other. Stayed up an hour past my bed time. It is going to be an harder morning than I expected.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good morning everyone! I've spent the past few days doing a flurry of shopping for clothes and gear in anticipation of my trip to Nepal/Everest. My wallet is beginning to hate me. Only a few more things to go, and I'm damn glad there are sales on the horizon so I can use some of these gift cards.
Short notice is a bitch for that, I guess. When we went to Peru, I had lots of time to plan so I trolled steepandcheap.com constantly. Probably saved a couple hundred dollars patiently sniping deals from there vs. shopping in bulk.

All that said, you are awarded no pity at all for spending money on your free trip to Everest. None. Not even a little bit.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
And to think I spent the same amount of money on the same gear 2 years ago to climb little rinky-dink 4k ft mountains.

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
wErd it be, holmes! Hey, look over there! It's a WAKE THE HELL UP.

Woke up to two inches of snow this morning (that's what she said).

I would like to publicly thank RUFUS for being the only ridemonkey member who wasn't a complete lazy bum this morning and actually took seven seconds to report a spam post. Good job, RUFUS.
What can I say, I am amazing!

Hopefully getting out for a ride if it isn't ridiculously windy again then going to a friends EP release party tonight!!

Don't die!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'll be bringing my D7000 with a 17-55. It's functioned for me in weather down to 0* in a snowstorm so I'd say it can handle this too.
0° C or F?

a quick google:

Basecamp Temp

Basecamp temperatures reflect summit temperature with an expected +1ºC per 150 meter of altitude drop, and range between -17C (1.4F) during Jan/Feb and -3C (27F) during summer.
http://www.mounteverest.net/story/ExWebseries-WinterclimbingTheBADchart,part2Dec172004.shtml

edit: note: per the site, those are evening temps. it can get warmer during the day (early afternoon), but morning and night will be colder.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That's a risk I'm willing to take.

That said, a few weeks ago he took pics on the summit of Mt. Monroe, with temps in the single digits and gusts up to about 40-50mph (see avatar). I think it will be ok. The weather at base camp is usually pretty mild, especially if it stays sunny.

PS - if you see Melissa Arnot on the mountain, you have to get a picture of her for me. Preferably naked, but beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Good morning all! Wow... Everest? Amazing. I wait in anticipation of that thread.

Until then, I will take the 5 y.o. skiing with hubby & dogs tomorrow, and attend a lovely little baby shower for a cousin on Sunday. Will try to fit some bike time in there too. I am missing my bikes, but my skis are just making me so damn happy :)

Happy Friday everyone, it's about time, right!?