Quantcast

Final bike specs

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well I just got back from ordering and sizing my new bike.
It's a custom made Dussault cycles Ti frame.

2004 Manitou Skareb Platnium red
Cane Creek Zonos Ti wheels
XT cassettes and crankset
XTR chain and front derailleur
Pazzaz Stem, carbon bar and carbon bar ends and seatpost
Sram X.0 rear mech and shifters
Avid single digit Ti brakes and levers
Cane creek headset
Time atac pedals
Selle Italia SLR seat

and for tires I'll be using Kenda and Schwalbe which since i'm sponsered i'll be paying about 12-20$ canadian per tire for:D
I was going to get XTR cranks but it would have been 200$ more and after ttying out the avid brakes they're good enough in stopping power I would have gotten juicy 7 disks but they would cost alittle more and add a pound.
The entire bike should be about 21# maybe less.
What do you think?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Sounds good to me. If it were my money I'd rather not spend it on Pazzaz parts though.

I'd swap the xt cassete for a 12-27 ultegra though, is you are keeping your 22 you don't want the wide range cassette.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by SuspectDevice
Sounds good to me. If it were my money I'd rather not spend it on Pazzaz parts though.

I'd swap the xt cassete for a 12-27 ultegra though, is you are keeping your 22 you don't want the wide range cassette.
I think I will swap the Xt to Ultegra what wrong with Pazzaz? They make all the stuff for other companys. I know they make great seatposts and stems I don't know about handlebars.
Tell me why I shouldn't get them and what I should get instead I still have time to change. But not much

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Originally posted by JMAC
I think I will swap the Xt to Ultegra what wrong with Pazzaz? They make all the stuff for other companys. I know they make great seatposts and stems I don't know about handlebars.
Tell me why I shouldn't get them and what I should get instead I still have time to change. But not much
Just not a carbon fan... especially not non-easton or USE taiwaneese carbon.
I'd rather have lightweight metal parts on my bike that were made in the UK, Canada or the US..

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by SuspectDevice
Just not a carbon fan... especially not non-easton or USE taiwaneese carbon.
I'd rather have lightweight metal parts on my bike that were made in the UK, Canada or the US..
Well you know what I'm going to just use my Raceface airalloy bar it's basically new only used a few times but pazzaz makes nice stems and posts. The bar ends look nice and cost me next to nothing so I can't go wrong.