Quantcast

Final Decision! not good

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
maybe not poorly built, because from what I hear, the people who built them, albeit I dont know them at all, did a hell of a job. I dont want to step on toes. Just saying that they weren't maintained as well. I also remember seeing the creek running down the course. I'm no expert on stunt building ( look at the evidence of the pictures of stunts on Dinky in BV) but the ones at wintergreen need some TLC.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Originally posted by wannabeabonedoc
maybe not poorly built, because from what I hear, the people who built them, albeit I dont know them at all, did a hell of a job. I dont want to step on toes. Just saying that they weren't maintained as well. I also remember seeing the creek running down the course. I'm no expert on stunt building ( look at the evidence of the pictures of stunts on Dinky in BV) but the ones at wintergreen need some TLC.
if you saw the creek, than this was prior to it being fixed against wintergreen's wishes, at this point, noone was maintaining the trails and that would explain for what you saw, there were some loose rungs and so on at that time of last season as well, beccause they weren't allowed to work on them

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
......I really am having a hard time believing that WG could really be this ignorant. Seriously guys, the issues being discussed have more at stake than just simply a lack of overall enjoyment for the CORE rider. Has management considered at ALL the very real potential for legal recourse? I don't care what kind of legal sign-off they draw up in the form of a release waiver, said evidence can clearly demonstrate their negligence. IE. Trail maintenance being performed by PAID employees with absolutely NO expertise in the area (if being maintained at all); repeated warnings from those WITH expertise regarding condition of trails/ stunts; wide promotion of freeride/ aggressive riding seemingly being approved of/ suggested by their website.....etc.....etc. If anyone so much as breaks a finger up there this year, I don't think there is a court anywhere that wouldn't easily find them liable for some sort of recompense! Not to mention also the potential would then exist to impact the sport by way of precedence....:(