Quantcast

Finale (2005 Alpine XC) *HUGE pix thread

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welp this year was fun in many ways, the snow has covered the mountains so chances are i'm done doing ride reports for a while. i've compiled a collection of some of my favorites, and other photos i've never shared. Enjoy.

TRAIL WORK LATE MAY RANGER CREEK

RIDING SAME STRETCH A MONTH LATER

A GREAT RIDING PAL PALISAIDES

ME ON THE DECEASED BIKEY RANGER CREEK

MUD IS GOOD KACHESSE RIDGE

CREEK CROSSING KACHESS RIDGE

LET ME GET A BETTER LOOK KACHESSE RIDGE

SCENIC KACHESSE RIDGE

FOREST ROAD CLIMB FAWN RIDGE

WHITE RIVER

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME AROUND

FOREST ROAD CLIMB HUCKLEBERRY RIDGE

INTO THE CLOUDS HUCKLEBERRY RIDGE

SCENIC HUCKLEBERRY RIDGE

STEEP STEEP STEEP CHRISTOFF

AFTER RIDE BOO BOO PRIDE

BIKEY DIES FORCES ME TO HIKE AT LEAST I GOT THIS WONDERFUL SHOT HIYOU

SPIRITUAL RIDE OH AND NEW BIKEY TOO KETTLE CREST SOUTH

SCENIC KETTLE CREST SOUTH

SECOND XC SHUTTLE OF THE DAY HUCKLEBERRY RIDGE

THIRD XC SHUTTLE OF THE WEEKEND BISHOP RIDGE

MY MT. BIKE MENTOR BLUE LAKE RIDGE

KLONE PEAK SPUR

SCENIC GLACIER PEAK FROM KLONE PEAK

MAD RIVER CROSSING LOST LAKE

LUCKY TOAD BLUE LAKE

SPINNING AMONG THE HUCKLEBERRIES YOZOO

I CAN'T HOLD THE ERUPTION DOWN MUCH LONGER! HAMILTON PEAK

GALLAGHERHEAD LAKE FORTUNE CREEK

RIDE SMOOTH OVER THE CLUTTER DE ROUX

M.A.S.H. UNIT KETTLE CREST SOUTH

KETTLE CREST SOUTH

TRAIL ADVOCACY SUCCEEDS TRAIL RE-OPENS FOR MT. BIKING AFTER 9 YEARS OF CLOSURE MIDDLE FORK SNOQUALMIE

WHERE ARE WE? OH.... JOLLY CREEK

FOCUS ON THE TRAIL WEST FORK TEANAWAY

CLIMB TO THE TOP JOLLY MOUNTAIN

TECHNICAL DESCENT PARIS CREEK

HIGH ALTITUDE AND FIRST YEAR SNOW MARTIN CREEK

COONEY LAKE ANGELS STAIRCASE MARTIN CREEK

DOWN DOWN DOWN FASTER FASTER FASTER! MARTIN CREEK

FROM THE SKY BACK DOWN TO THE EARTH BOULDER

SCENIC BOULDER

DIG AND SPIN HAMILTON BUTTES

SCENIC MOUNT HOOD AT DUSK HAMILTON BUTTES

SUNSET HAMILTON BUTTES

ROCK GARDEN LITTLE BALD MOUNTAIN

FREERIDE LITTLE BALD MOUNTAIN

I CAN'T SEE A DAMN THING! SHHHHHHH.....

THANK YOU CREATOR END OF EPIC SEASON OCTOBER LITTLE BALD MOUNTAIN

There is much good in the world it's up to you to try to "see" it.

J

JRB

I found myself not wanting to run out of pics to see. If you get lulled by the snow, it's not the scenery, but we would love to have you on many rides here, Skooks. If the frost gets you, the door is open. Beautiful stuff man.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco said:
I found myself not wanting to run out of pics to see. If you get lulled by the snow, it's not the scenery, but we would love to have you on many rides here, Skooks. If the frost gets you, the door is open. Beautiful stuff man.
Thanks man, if i had enough dough to skip town for a while i'd do it. We'd go poach George W's trails haha.:p

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
When I see pics like this, it reminds me of when I use to ride a lot of XC. The last 2-3 years I only get out on all day XC rides about 5-6 times a year. I only have the time for shorter rides.

Nice pics.

E

enkidu

Skookum said:
. . . the snow has covered the mountains so chances are i'm done doing ride reports for a while
During the winter months can you show us your pics of drizzly Seattle city-scape and beaches? I bet your portraits of Pike Street hippies are just as mysterious and beautiful as your nature pics.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
enkidu said:
During the winter months can you show us your pics of drizzly Seattle city-scape and beaches? I bet your portraits of Pike Street hippies are just as mysterious and beautiful as your nature pics.
hmmmm maybe.... i should just ride around with pnj downtown and take photos and turn em into black and whites.

robdamanii said:
Skook, those pics are utterly phenominal. We need more. Do a photobucket album or something we can peruse, man!
What kind of camera are you using to take those, if I may ask?
If i was more patient i would have figured out how to build a web page off of my web account.
Canon G7, a big reason why it needs to be shelved as i don't have the funds to replace it. Cold wet weather cannot be that good for it.

Dave_Schuldt said:
Dude the season is never over. Bring your camera to Fort Ebey. You can get some killer shots along the bluff.
i'm with ya man, but i gotta tell you. i went for a ride today with a couple pals out at Green Mountain. i brought my big bike so i didn't have to worry smacking my pedals or bottom bracket, the two guys i brought i didn't have to worry about while leading, and the weather was great and i didn't have to stop to take pictures. And i had a complete blast......

We'll see ya out there next week, maybe i'll just take one riding picture of you on the bluff and that's it.;)

Thanks for all the compliments everyone and it's interesting to see what peoples favorites are.

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
Skookum, thanks for the peak into your rides. That's quite a collection

Skookum said:
Thanks for all the compliments everyone and it's interesting to see what peoples favorites are.
hard to pick a favorite, but this is the one that just makes me want to get out and ride the most. Has epic written all over it:

Funny, I was just telling myself that I'd buckle down and do laundry after dinner. Now I see that what I meant was that I'd grab the dogs and go for a spin through the misty redwoods. Thanks dude!

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Wow! Awesome pics. That's the kind of riding I dream about. Unfortunately, 99% of my rides are 1hr jaunts on the same local trails.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
T-Pirate said:
Amazing, especially this one.

haha... thats me!! And i was just gonna pipe up and say how lame XC is... guess im busted!

Awesome pics tim, glad i was able to get some high alpine time in with ya. Next year we do more... till then its GM, Lk SW, and Cap....

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Incredible photos. Probably one of the best collections of photos i've seen for a while. The riding looks simply amazing.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BAH said:
great stuff skookes. Get a website. I think
www.iamskookes.com will work
that's catchy..... along with a weekly "Ask Uncle Leo" column, it would be a great site.
And thanks for the compliment, it's appreciated.

tadrscin said:
You took a lot of great pics, but I'm kind of partial to this one
Look forward to riding with you some more.
Haha, you always step it up a notch when i bust out the camera.:D Yah we'll see you out there soon, gotta hit some Sawyer.

OGRipper said:
Awesome pics yo, now I know why you won that poll about the monkey you'd most like to ride with!! :thumb: :thumb:
i know, that made me feel like the ugly chick with huge boobs in Jr. High......

BurlyShirley said:
skook, you need a roommate?
Sorry San Francisco i don't swing that way.;)