Quantcast

Finally a 2 bike guy

squiby

Chimp
Jul 26, 2010
Sweet bikes, sweet wagon and sweet trails...you lucky b^stard!

I'm just jealous. Specially of those trails. I'd rock a HS to get my DH bike to the head of an epic run like that.

I have the old style SS too, so wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

On your SS is the link you upgraded to the newest link with the EZ-lock binder-bolt main pivot system? Or is it just the newer box style link? If it is the EZ lock link does it make much of a differece to the stiffness?

My SS has the old ISCG tabs on it and one of the tabs is not in the correct position. Would it still be possible to install the HS?

Thanks for showing your set up. Experimenting with stuff outside of its intended use is how this sport got started and helps it to evolve even further.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Sweet bikes, sweet wagon and sweet trails...you lucky b^stard!

I'm just jealous. Specially of those trails. I'd rock a HS to get my DH bike to the head of an epic run like that.

I have the old style SS too, so wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

On your SS is the link you upgraded to the newest link with the EZ-lock binder-bolt main pivot system? Or is it just the newer box style link? If it is the EZ lock link does it make much of a differece to the stiffness?

My SS has the old ISCG tabs on it and one of the tabs is not in the correct position. Would it still be possible to install the HS?

Thanks for showing your set up. Experimenting with stuff outside of its intended use is how this sport got started and helps it to evolve even further.
Its the new EZ-lock. Ive only ridden it a few times with the new link and it does feel stiffer. Its not night and day different, but noticable. After it was all lubed up it was quieter. Ive had a lot of problems with the old link creaking.

I dont believe you can install a HS if you have one hole off. Intense moved one of the holes 1/4" on the ISCG tabs for a few years. I know I couldnt install one on my Socom.

Last edited:

squiby

Chimp
Jul 26, 2010
Its the new EZ-lock. Ive only ridden it a few times with the new link and it does feel stiffer. Its not night and day different, but noticable. After it was all lubed up it was quieter. Ive had a lot of problems with the old link creaking.

I dont believe you can install a HS if you have one hole off. Intense moved one of the holes 1/4" on the ISCG tabs for a few years. I know I couldnt install one on my Socom.
OK, Thanks! I'm gonna get the new link then and forget about the HS.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
OK, Thanks! I'm gonna get the new link then and forget about the HS.
I think its BS that Intense didnt follow ISCG for a few years. Its a set standard and they should have followed it IMO. You could still intall a HS, but you would only be able to use two of the holes. You could still use the third hole, but you would have to drill it out. It could be done, but it would take a little more work. IMO the HS is well worth it.

squiby

Chimp
Jul 26, 2010
I think its BS that Intense didnt follow ISCG for a few years. Its a set standard and they should have followed it IMO. You could still intall a HS, but you would only be able to use two of the holes. You could still use the third hole, but you would have to drill it out. It could be done, but it would take a little more work. IMO the HS is well worth it.
Did you not want to drill out the HS for the Socom or was there another reason you could not install it?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Its the new EZ-lock. Ive only ridden it a few times with the new link and it does feel stiffer. Its not night and day different, but noticable.
What is an EZ-lock? Is it a whole new link or just different pivot bolts? How much did the upgrade cost?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
What is an EZ-lock? Is it a whole new link or just different pivot bolts? How much did the upgrade cost?
Its a whole new link and bolts. The link itself is a little better made and you don't get as many rocks stuck in the link. I think its about $80-$100. I don't remember. I bought a bunch of stuff when I bought the link.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Its a whole new link and bolts. The link itself is a little better made and you don't get as many rocks stuck in the link. I think its about $80-$100. I don't remember. I bought a bunch of stuff when I bought the link.
Do you have any close up pictures by any chance? For ~$100 I would be willing to try one out.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Do you have any close up pictures by any chance? For ~$100 I would be willing to try one out.
I can get some but there are some on ebay once in awhile. sstcycles19 sells them. He is closed until Mon. Check ebay then.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Just a project TJ with some JK axles and a bunch of cool parts sitting on jackstands.... I don't know what to do with it now though. I'm going to be moving to Stuttgart in a few months.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
What kind of gas mileage does a Jeep at high altitude on 37's get anyway? And yes, I'm being serious.
I get about 16-17 in town and about 19-20 on the hwy if I keep it under 65. As soon as you go over 65 the mileage drops a lot. Someday I'm going to to the 6.4 Hemi.

We did a ride yesterday. It only consisted of 2 miles of up so I took the DH bike.