Quantcast

Finally Accepted Into Nursing School!

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Hey guys,
I just wanted to thank everyone on here. I have asked for some different career and life advice from you before. I have been digging my way out of a hole for almost 2 years. My GPA was 2.3 and I now have a 3.35 and have been accepted to a nursing program at my local community college that is extremely competitive to get into, and renowned in the area to be a good school. I have had to meet many prerequisites (typical prerequisites like english courses, philosophy, nutrition etc and various maths, anatomy 1 and 2, microbiology and chemistry). I have also picked up a new job at an oral surgery office handing tools during procedures, assisting with anesthesia, taking x-rays and charting and documenting. I am done being a personal trainer, although I never hated a day of my job.

I will be pursuing my Bachelors of Science in Nursing in Spring of 2015 after I graduate in Fall of 2014. While I attend my bachelors, I will be working for my clinical portion of school. After that I intend to dive head first into an Intensive Care Unit and intend to start applying to Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist programs after I get a year or two experience, with a hopefully badass GPA. My goal is to be a CRNA before I am 30 (I'm 22 now). Two years of intensive care is the minimum required by most programs to apply.

When I get in, I will have no life in school for 2-3 years, but I will be able to save lives and help those as I have been helped, have a moderately crazy schedule and have a very lucrative salary.

Thanks for help, and thank you for the entertainment when I need a good laugh after or during studying. Hopefully after my program I can get back on the bike more often.

This is just a small milestone on my path of destiny and I figured I'd thank you and share.

That will be all.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Congrats.

I don't think it's kosher for you to be taking radiographs at the dentist's office unless you're trained as a radiology technician, though. It's that way in my state, at least.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Yes, I am a male personal trainer (or was). It fits my hobby, bodybuidling and powerlifting. It's a cheap hobby compared to my motocross bike and downhill bikes which sit idle due to cost and time consumption.

Congrats.

I don't think it's kosher for you to be taking radiographs at the dentist's office unless you're trained as a radiology technician, though. It's that way in my state, at least.
Already working on becoming certified! Also, it is an oral surgeons office (more invasive and advanced procedures). I will also get to assist with anesthetics, although the doctors are board certified in anesthesia. Huge perk for me!

I was talking to my parents the other day... I want to dig deep and have a little fun in my 20's, but my goal age to have everything together (House, decent car, maybe even chained down to a woman?), is 35.

Off to class!

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yup. Overweight, chain smoking high school perm obsessed Nike Air wearing tanning bed junkies are the best....
There were some very attractive nurses in Seattle. In NY, not so much, as far as I've seen. Apparently exercising for fitness is not in vogue here.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Yup. Overweight, chain smoking high school perm obsessed Nike Air wearing tanning bed junkies are the best....
Well Bizutch, here's how it is. When you go to the mall or go out in public, how many women do you really see? I don't know about you, but I see like... 5-15 the whole night, consciously. So my point is, you automatically skip over all the 100's of mediocre and ugly ones. I volunteer at a hospital, and I would say there for some odd reason, there is a higher percentage of good looking women at the hospital (depending on the job).

Edit: I live by a rule: A fat woman with big boobs is like a skinny guy with a six pack, doesn't count. I like fit women. Women that have a nice face, blonde, brown, black or red (in that order), with a little definition. No hulk status women. No girls I would shatter going to town on (skin and bone only girls).

Now this is important:On a 1-10 scale, 1 is like your friends grandmother with a yeast infection and boils, 5 is a girl you'd bang if you are super duper desperate to get some, and 10 is the prettiest woman you have laid eyes on. Or in the case of PSP, 10 is the prettiest goat he has laid eyes on.

I hope this trend continues in my career. Also, chances are (I would say generally), if I am an advance practice nurse, and work in the areas I want to, there won't be many low grade people. For instance, I volunteered in the ER department... There are so many rough and ugly women there. There's like...2 good looking women out of the 15-25 people I've seen (and one is an x-ray tech that's always there, not even a nurse). Then I go to the Intensive Care Unit and one day I was even in Pediatrics, there are many 7-8 out of 10's there, including a 9.5/10 with nice fake cans. Most of the women in those departments seem to actually care for their bodies. I would say nearly 25-35% of the women fall between 6.8-9.5.

The operating room nurses look great, and I hear some put out like no tomorrow.

Then I see people like phlebotomists. Most of them are mediocre and don't really value health (you can tell by looking at them, although that might be judgmental, you can tell....).

The women in the lab taking care of blood samples, testing stool, testing urine and all that other great stuff dealing with branches of biology... Not one of them looks good.

Then I look at the clerks and human resources and medical records people. It gets even worse! There is not one good looking clerk I've seen. This one girl is like a 5-6/10 but her face is always a different color than her arms (cakes on the makeup).

Last edited:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
This thread went full retard.
Give me a break... I am between classes and already prepared for a test. Full retard is a little overboard.

@op:

i didn't know you had the mammaries for nursing

So what if I do need a little extra support?

Factoid learned in an anatomy class: men have mammary glands and if enough estrogen, prolactin and oxytocin were to be injected, any male could make milk.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Amazing. Even my sarcastic comments about nurses invoked hostile reactions and butt hurt in the RM....I shouldn't be amazed I'd even get a single response, but this is the monkey. :think:

Note to self: RM has a nurse fetish

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Amazing. Even my sarcastic comments about nurses invoked hostile reactions and butt hurt in the RM....I shouldn't be amazed I'd even get a single response, but this is the monkey. :think:

Butt hurt level 10.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Do not google "nurse fetish" at work.