Quantcast

Finally Effin Friday GMT

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

BigT is taking her dad for cancer surgery today. I hope it goes well. I'm a bachelor for at least the next week while she stays and takes care of her mother.

Today I get to look at a house in the rain in NY. Last time I was in NY, I nearly got hit by lightning. Tonight I'm judging a karate tournament. Nothing like crushing egos.

Be safe out there.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Workin'.

Dry and sunny. For a change.

Heavy structure is all done...

Pretty doubtful I'll be seeing anything mechanical actually move... Ah well. Maybe they'll send me out for some final closeout. Or I'll stay home and go riding after work... Hmmm...

Mind you, flying business class hasn't completely lost its novelty yet. Close, but not quite.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's going to rain like a mofo today. I've got a treadmill with my name on it after work.

MBC suggested I do a duathlon in mid-July. 4K run, 40K bike, 10K run. I love that woman.

Quo, best of luck to BigT and her dad!

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
You poor thing. We've had almost two full months already.
It sill has snow on top of the mountains here. And it rained almost every second day since march (Monday, Tuesday was always sunny :rant:, but weekends were terrible as it gets), so we start tommorow.

Fortunately we have a few unofficial dh tracks with uplifts year round in our area

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Super ride on my go-to trail yesterday, followed by a beer and watching the Hawks game.

Our first park opened last weekend, another next weekend and two more after that, snow dependent.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Raining like stink here today. 5 days until my board exam, 3 days until I fly out for it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My son is coming down with a cold/cough. He was up every hour last night. I eventually brought him into bed with me, but still wound up being woken and kicked every hour... coffee is tasting very good today.

no riding this weekend, going to visit the in-laws and family from out of town. I'm not too dissapoint, looks like the weather is going to be ****e anyways.

also toying with the idea of a new fork to replace my 2009 36 TALAS RC2. Looking for more midstroke support, and more suppleness in early stroke. Thinking of a X-Fusion Vengeance HLR DLA, Slant, or waiting a bit for the 2014 36 TALAS RC2. Thoughts?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

This week has been awful with 4+ hours of meetings every day. But the weather is awesome and I will be spending some much needed moto seat time with the lady friend.

Father daughter date tonight, that too will be awesome.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I want to go to a park...
Whistler will be waiting for you. :thumb:

Raining like stink here today. 5 days until my board exam, 3 days until I fly out for it.
Are you ready?

also toying with the idea of a new fork to replace my 2009 36 TALAS RC2.
I'm in the same boat. I wish I could demo the X-Fusion but cannot, so I'm leaning towards the '14 RC2. I only use the 160-130 range anyway, so the 160-120 would be perfect. Have you ridden the RS Lyric?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My son is coming down with a cold/cough. He was up every hour last night. I eventually brought him into bed with me, but still wound up being woken and kicked every hour... coffee is tasting very good today.

no riding this weekend, going to visit the in-laws and family from out of town. I'm not too dissapoint, looks like the weather is going to be ****e anyways.

also toying with the idea of a new fork to replace my 2009 36 TALAS RC2. Looking for more midstroke support, and more suppleness in early stroke. Thinking of a X-Fusion Vengeance HLR DLA, Slant, or waiting a bit for the 2014 36 TALAS RC2. Thoughts?
Lyrik.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yeah, I've thought of that. but I was still under the impression that RockShox uses plastic internals, which I'm not keen on. Am I incorrect? There's that, and the Lyrik is slightly heavier than the 36, at roughly the same price. I have a Pushed Monarch in the rear that I'm happy with though so maybe I should look into it. Maybe if RS introduces a new Lyrik similar to the Pike, the price of the old Lyrik might come down... hmmmm decisions decisions...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Whistler will be waiting for you. :thumb:

I'm in the same boat. I wish I could demo the X-Fusion but cannot, so I'm leaning towards the '14 RC2. I only use the 160-130 range anyway, so the 160-120 would be perfect. Have you ridden the RS Lyric?
I rode a Lyric in 2010 on a rental Enduro on Comfortably Numb in Whistler. I was very impressed. But that's one ride, on a shop-maintained bike (Evolution).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
good run, stressfull and physically demanding. carried a 84 year old out of a second floor bedroom and transported to hospice. as I was walking back to the rig the family started giving me hugs and a teary eyed thank you. yes I feel really good this afternoon, sometimes I love this job