Quantcast

Finally finished up an illustration and shooting it off to the printers. releived.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
So I've been buried working on a brochure for airlift suspension, I had some downtime and decided to pick up a drawing I had started and finish it off. Pretty stoked to be sending it off to some good dudes in nyc that will show it some love on the press. Final size is 18x24 on Stonehenge Warm White, gonna run it as a 5 color so it's got some depth to the red's.

I had been looking at a lot of 40's-60's race posters and got inspired to try my hand at one.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Originally boredom, then it kinda morphed into this might make a cool poster, then it stagnated. I picked it back up and it kinda all fell together.

I started by drawing up a early 80's ur quattro, I never was too happy with. Set it aside the began the lmp1. I kinda returned to the audi, started some distressing techniques and press shift ideas to make the audi work a bit more. I ended up thinking I'm going to have the audi made into coasters.

Im not really much of an illustrator per say. I can work well in illustrator when it comes to standard vector art (type treatments, logo marks etc.) But I can no longer draw for **** so it's kinda my way to force myself to actually get better. Right now I'm thinking of having 50 of these made and hand numbered. Might bump the number up to 75 but thats it.

Last edited:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
If anyone happens to be interested in one, sale coincides perfectly with being laid-off. Help keep my electric on!! :)

http://pinityafairy.tumblr.com/day/2011/10/18

Final proof from printer.

Next one, Im fully gonna draw up a Danny Hart, Worlds Whip, in this style.
Work looks great! I could be interested in a couple F1 posters for my bedroom and possibly christmas gifts if you are interested in the work. I would like specific teams and can provide some detailed images as necessary.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Considering it's Lorem Ipsum I don't think you guys have to worry about orphans just yet.
:) stop being a slacker! Serious feedback though, the type isn't working for me. Have you seen Helmut Krone's porsche ads?

When I look at this, I'm seeing a formal type headline up top, with small blocks of type near the bottom... with a huge stylized checkered (or solid) flag or waving fabric as texture in the top area. Car looks good.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I might pickup some of these from you once we get moved into the new house.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Im kinda sitting here right now, Not sure what it's gonna say or be just yet. Still playing around with a few things. The thing I'm not sure about this is, I look at it and the first thing I see is Cliff bar. So it's still got quite a bit of revisions still, but as a wip with less than 6 hours in so far I'm happy with it.

*autocorrect tries to force wip into wii.

Oct 17, 2011
Burp
Will be interested to hear what you think.
I love his work and talked to him when I was still thinking about moving to a rainy state, but we're too much alike and I prefer to be the only bull in the room and work for myself. Looking forward to his talk though.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
newest poster idea.

kinda pondering offering to design posters for monkies, using their favorite photo of themselves. same kinda theme. No idea of cost yet, or finding a digital printer than can get the quality I want and a price that leaves room for profit.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
newest poster idea.

kinda pondering offering to design posters for monkies, using their favorite photo of themselves. same kinda theme. No idea of cost yet, or finding a digital printer than can get the quality I want and a price that leaves room for profit.
I'd be down for one. It would go nicely beside my framed Psychosis poster.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
I got asked to do something for my buddy Brian that owns Rotiform. He shipped his black 964 over to england, it got repainted and worked over driven to Worthersee and to the ring. So here's what came about:

If anyone is interested in one Rotiform are printing them this time around not me so hit them up on facebook or give them a call.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
It's been awhile since my last poster. So I decided to fire up illustrator and make something new for the wall. Hand Screened in NYC by Toto Print Co. 6-color screen. Limited to 100, hand signed and numbered.

Buy one if you want at porscheprint.tumblr.com

My last 2 posters. First for Brian at Rotiform

My very first one just for fun.

If you can't tell I like Art Deco.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Im kinda sitting here right now, Not sure what it's gonna say or be just yet. Still playing around with a few things. The thing I'm not sure about this is, I look at it and the first thing I see is Cliff bar. So it's still got quite a bit of revisions still, but as a wip with less than 6 hours in so far I'm happy with it.

*autocorrect tries to force wip into wii.
I like this one