Quantcast

Finally Friday GMT

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Went to Whitinsville yesterday to install some remote monitoring equipment. First 2 went fine, third one we hit ledge at about a foot deep. Four times. Hopefully, the pole doesn't fall over. Then the unit didn't want to set itself up. Finally it did. Took an extra 2 hours.

Moar office today.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's Friday of a three day weekend! HOORAY MLK DAY!

So last night, per my knee doc's encouragement, I attempted a treadmill run. ROLF! Half mile in at a very slow pace, my knee said "ROLF!" So, I'll give it a few days before trying again. In the meantime, it'll be lots of spin bike and elliptical machine.

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Friday! Last night was amazing. Haven't been that happy in years. Last time I was that happy was 2009/10. It was awesome. I didn't even have to do drugs. I was just drunk. Today for work then a three day weekend. Trail work tomorrow and a wedding reception Sunday. Full weekend for once. I'm anticipating it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No MLK holiday for us hi-tech drones. :( Still, nice and crispy morning here with a solid weekend outlook that includes a planned a ski trip to Mt. Sunapee on Sunday.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

It's Friday and a three day weekend ahead :weee:

Planning on doing some riding on Saturday, relaxing on Sunday, and skiing on Monday. It's looking like it will be a fun weekend.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo, it's been me and das kid for the last 2 daze...going well. I could really, really enjoy working around school drop offs and pick up times long term! Load of carp to do post work, then pizza party movie night. Tomorrow = big old birthday bon fire party for my wife out in the Catskill woods with friends/fams. Burn baby, burn. Disco inferno.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's Friday and I have Monday off. Who can give me a ride?

Being without a car sucks ass.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Headed up to Maine for the weekend to escape the day to day routine.
Going to watch some football, try some new restaurants and drink copious amounts of beer.
I've bet my 7yo son $100 if he takes a dip in Casco Bay while we're there.
He swam in it last March but I don't think (well, I know 'cause he's 7) he's got the cojones for a Jan swim.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Sucks about the rolf-ing knee, IAB.

Having Monday off as a govt employee is nice, even though I'm not doing much these days. My workday today consists of me doing review cases from a book for a few hours then tuning into an hour long webcast conference.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Headed up to Maine for the weekend to escape the day to day routine.
Going to watch some football, try some new restaurants and drink copious amounts of beer.
I've bet my 7yo son $100 if he takes a dip in Casco Bay while we're there.
He swam in it last March but I don't think (well, I know 'cause he's 7) he's got the cojones for a Jan swim.
You'd be amazed what a kid will do for a hundred bucks. Hell, I'm almost 30 and I'd do it for a hundred bucks.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning Monkies!

Hot date with the hubby tonight! Whoop! Going to a comedy night, looking for a groupon for a cool restaurant. (Once you're married, using coupons on dates is totally allowed... and as far as I am concerned, it never mattered when dating either)

We do an annual polar bear swim--cleanses the soul!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Was invited out for lunch. Knew it was bad as soon as I stepped in. Lunch came out as quickly as it came in. How some places can f up Italian I will never understand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkies!

Hot date with the hubby tonight! Whoop! Going to a comedy night, looking for a groupon for a cool restaurant. (Once you're married, using coupons on dates is totally allowed... and as far as I am concerned, it never mattered when dating either)

We do an annual polar bear swim--cleanses the soul!

Skershttles was right!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Afternoon now... got a pile of work on a website for a client and now I'm off to ride at the dirtjump park for a couple of hours in 50º weather.

People actually listen to Soundgarden? Hilarious.
Do they offend your virgin Beiber ears? The new album is pretty dang good.

(Once you're married, using coupons on dates is totally allowed... and as far as I am concerned, it never mattered when dating either)
A friend of mine scored a groupon to a sushi joint and free tickets to Calexico for her and her boyfriend. I'll admit, I'm a little jealous of their date night right now... of course "date nights" for me and my GF wind up being "trips to Seattle to ski" so I guess I can't complain.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Thankfully I own a camper. The water heater in the house decided today was the day to not make hot water and I can't get a plumber out for a few days. I worked my tail off today and I'm a bit ripe , a cold shower wasn't going to cut it. Fired up the water heater in the camper, connected to the house water supply and ran the waste water hose to the sewer clean out. Hot shower was good and my wife likes the non stinky version of the husband even better.

I am so damn glad we bought that home appliance warranty when we purchased this place 5 months ago. It earned its keep when the furnace took a crap now I guess it's the water heater saga for a bit.