Quantcast

>>>Finally Friderp GMT<<<

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

More OT, because I'm an idiot. Got the new garage door opener attached to new garage door. Belt drive is nice, almost silent.

I doubt very much Im going to make it 10 hours here today. :dead:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Earlier this morning: dew point 71F, temperature 71F. FTS, I am not a fish. Long Friderp in the office ahead, then hopefully some bikes in the evening.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
remember how I said yesterday should be nice, with go karts and shit? well my kid got sick, I had to bail out of work to take care of her, my deadbeat parents were out to lunch so I spent most of the afternoon taking care of her, and therefore missed go karting with co workers. They literally come to visit twice a year to "help out" and wouldn't cut their fancy lunch short for me. Fuck you boomers, the real "me" generation.

so today is firmly planted in "fuck you friday" territory for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going camping this weekend, in two different spots. Lots of riding is planned, but we'll see...Beer intake might affect that. Should be going to a spot on Sunday to ride on rox that are ontop of moar rox, on the Canadian shield. Tonight we'll be camping and swimming on Lake Huron. Tomorrow night will be up near Georgian Bay.

Bumped into guy here at work. He's leaving with his family for Colorado/Utah area today. He sold his BMW and now has a 2007ish 4Runner, which they are driving down in. So if you see a green 4Runner rolling through a with a roof top camper, hitch mounted cooler and a Santa Cruz sticker on the back of it, say hello.

Is today over yet?

The rays of sun light poking through the clouds this morning looked pretty cool...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Friday. I ran 5 miles before work in some bullshit warm humidity...I was dripping with sweat at the end. Century ride tomorrow.

I've been in a training class for work this week, and I am happy to say the class is great. That never happens! Excellent instructor and interesting content. Learning how to write reports in our new ERP system.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
was up way too late again last night building up the Scott; farting right along then looked at my watch holy shit it's 1am. got a lot done on it though, gotta set up the tires, clean up the cock pit, and trim brake hoses. overall coming together quite nicely. last night was also my first experience dealing with a press fit BB and internal cable routing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
was up way too late again last night building up the Scott; farting right along then looked at my watch holy shit it's 1am. got a lot done on it though, gotta set up the tires, clean up the cock pit, and trim brake hoses. overall coming together quite nicely. last night was also my first experience dealing with a press fit BB and internal cable routing.
Ready for monkey fest?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Friday. Last day of work before 3-weeks in France.

My wife is coming home today from spending the week with her dad who's in the ICU. Apparently what happened (they weren't told this until thursday...) is that he had a heart attack on Saturday. He had gone to the hospital because of back pain, but had the heart attack there (lucky I guess). They gave him meds for the heart attack, but those meds somehow led to fluid building inside the tumor in his spine. He was too weak to operate on because of the heart attack, so the tumor was left in place, causing him to be paralysed from the waist down. So now the poor guy is paralysed, and still has the pain. Sounds like he's pretty hooked on the pain killers too. fucking hell does aging ever suck. I never thought I'd say this out loud, but losing my dad suddenly to a massive heart attack may have been the best for everyone. Watching people whither away slowly and painfully is so sad and undignified.

Anyways... now it looks like I'll be flying to France with my boys alone. My wife will join me in a week or so. She was supposed to go to one of her best friend's wedding in Ireland next week...

I will try and get out for a ride tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful. But... where there's a will, there's a way.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Sitting by the window in my rocker watching the hummingbirds get breakfast at the feeder, anxiously awaiting their discovery (or loss of wariness) of the hanging birdbath I made for them, drinking mai coffee. Mmmmm. Mornin'

Also camping this weekend, Buffalo took Monday off and we are headed for the North Cascades again. Only catch is... it's supposed to be +/- 100* up there all weekend. It's supposed to be in the 60*'s at the coast... and I could really go for a break from the heat. The spot we are headed is off road in the van, likely with no water access and an 11 year old.

How awesome is it that I can say, hmm, I think I want to go to the desert, nope, the ocean, nope a lake, river, the Sound, mountains, forest, island, rain forest... or hey, the big city? and all within ~2 hours of my house (traffic dependent). Anyhoo, we at least have a destination up North. If we headed West... no guarantee we'd find a spot (fvck you Amazon!! Get outta my state! And take your gaper-ific, don't know how to drive, fancy shit owning, camp spot stealing, brunch eating, forest disrespecting, viral, hipster asshole employees with you! hmph. /rant)

Point is... researching a little before the kid and I finish packing. We'll head to a river to wait for Buffalo to get off of work, swoop him outta the work-hole, and head for the hills!! Or dunes... idk.

Muah!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Driving from Coos Bay to Eugene today then EUG-SEA. No fishing boats or puke in the cards.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nyuck nyuck

is your internal routing tube in tube, or giant, cavernous and loud plastic can? I am struggling to sort out cable rattle in the bmc.
it's only shifter cable routing, no tube. there's cable stops where it enters/exits the frame, so no housing goes inside the frame. shouldn't be any rattling issues.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
nyuck nyuck

is your internal routing tube in tube, or giant, cavernous and loud plastic can? I am struggling to sort out cable rattle in the bmc.
Step 1: put cables in frame
Step 2: fill cavities around cables in frame with expanding foam
Step 3: brag to lizards about the new corevibrocore product you've just invented
Step 4: profit

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
to anyone unhappy with the weather ...

"Dangerous storms — including isolated tornadoes, baseball-sized hail and very heavy rain — are possible in Eastern Colorado on Friday, with thunderstorms, hail and brief heavy rain in Denver, ..."

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

"Dangerous storms — including isolated tornadoes, baseball-sized hail and very heavy rain — are possible in Eastern Colorado on Friday, with thunderstorms, hail and brief heavy rain in Denver, ..."
:panic:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sitting by the window in my rocker watching the hummingbirds get breakfast at the feeder, anxiously awaiting their discovery (or loss of wariness) of the hanging birdbath I made for them, drinking mai coffee. Mmmmm. Mornin'

Also camping this weekend, Buffalo took Monday off and we are headed for the North Cascades again. Only catch is... it's supposed to be +/- 100* up there all weekend. It's supposed to be in the 60*'s at the coast... and I could really go for a break from the heat. The spot we are headed is off road in the van, likely with no water access and an 11 year old.

How awesome is it that I can say, hmm, I think I want to go to the desert, nope, the ocean, nope a lake, river, the Sound, mountains, forest, island, rain forest... or hey, the big city? and all within ~2 hours of my house (traffic dependent). Anyhoo, we at least have a destination up North. If we headed West... no guarantee we'd find a spot (fvck you Amazon!! Get outta my state! And take your gaper-ific, don't know how to drive, fancy shit owning, camp spot stealing, brunch eating, forest disrespecting, viral, hipster asshole employees with you! hmph. /rant)

Point is... researching a little before the kid and I finish packing. We'll head to a river to wait for Buffalo to get off of work, swoop him outta the work-hole, and head for the hills!! Or dunes... idk.

Muah!

Heading up to hidden lake for a day hike tomorrow. I've already backpacked most of the longer trails in the N.C. over the past 10 years. As I still can't really ride hoping to cover all of the high country trails be the end id the summer.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Heading up to hidden lake for a day hike tomorrow. I've already backpacked most of the longer trails in the N.C. over the past 10 years. As I still can't really ride hoping to cover all of the high country trails be the end id the summer.
That one is on my bucket list. If you see our big white van on your way to the trailhead, say hello! Our "spot" is along the Cascade River Road. I was really itching to do that hike this weekend, but there is no way the kiddo can do it. He is the whiniest hiker I've ever met. What a fantastic sub for riding if you still can't! That is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever been. Please post pics when you get back!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

This is why I killed myself the last two evenings to get the garage door and opener back in. The hail has been crazy two days in a row. Nothing big yet, but lots of it.